As I mentioned previously, this is the second year I’ll be participating in the Book Blogger’s Love-A-Thon. This year, the event is being hosted by Alexa ofAlexa Loves Books, Hazel of Stay Bookish, Mel of The Daily Prophecy and Cee of the The Novel Hermit. Sign-ups are still open so there’s time if you want to join in (and you should) and the Love-A-Thon takes place from February 20th – 22nd. It’s the perfect way to meet new book bloggers and make new friends<3
*Don’t forget to check out my #LoveAThon Bookshelf Challenge Video!
**And my Introduction Questionnaire!
The Challenge: We all love books, but there are other things we’re passionate about too! Mash-up a non-bookish hobby/passion/talent/fandom with your bookish life. Do it through photos, art, videos, etc. Get as creative as you’d like!
I’m a lover of all things fairytale related so for this challenge I chose to pair up each book in The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer with some of my favorite Disney collectibles. I especially love that we’re living in a time where Star Wars counts as part of the Disney family<3
Yesterday while surfing the internet I came across the cutest Disney Christmas artwork by Dylan Bonner and I knew I had to share them here! He took Disney characters and drew them in scenes of popular Christmas films which is basically my dream mash up. Of course Home Alone Rapunzel and Elf Ariel, and Polar Express Peter Pan are my three favorites!
Now that Andrew and I are going to be moving in together soon, I’ve been putting a lot more thought into our future home decor. Obviously the most fun part of that thinking involves decorations, but more specifically Disney decorations. We spent last weekend trimming the tree and my parents house and while I love all of the ornaments we’ve been using for years, I think my aesthetic is going to be much pinker and exclusively Disney. My favorite ornament of the bunch is definitely the Beast primping in the bathtub and the Sleeping Beauty and Tangled Mickey ears are close seconds. To see all of the purchasing information for each ornament, you can view the full set on Polyvore!
We did this topic last year for 5 Fandom Friday as well but it’s such a fun one to include because people are always discovering new characters and fandoms so everyone on your list from last year might not make it this year. This year I decided to shake things up and post 5 couple’s costumes that I want to dress up as with Andrew at some point in the future. We don’t have anything big planned for this Halloween (besides the aforementioned pie-baking, Halloween-candy-eating and scary-movie-watching) so Andrew and I will be saving our costumes for Kelly & Erika’s annual after-Halloween Halloween party. I’m not going to reveal our plan just yet but here are some characters I want us to dress up as in the future!
1) Bilbo & Gandalf – Andrew already has the height going for him to be Gandalf and since Gandalf is my favorite character I would love to see Andrew dressed up as him. Also, being Bilbo will give me an excuse to eat a million meals in a day and walk around barefoot.
2) Rapunzel & Flynn – This is one of my favorite Disney films and Rapunzel and Flynn are the characters in the Disney World that most closely resemble us. We have something planned involving Tangled but I’m not allowed to say what it is just yet :-)
3) Jack & Sally – I toyed with the idea of dressing as these characters this year but we ultimately went with something else. I would rather save a classic like Jack and Sally for when we have something huge planned!
4) Harry Potter & Luna Lovegood – I can’t think of any reason why I wouldn’t want to do a couples Harry Potter cosplay. Luna is my favorite character and I chose Harry for Andrew since he’s so easily identifiable but I would be open to letting him choose a different character.
5) Spider-Man & Spider-Gwen – We actually have each other listed in our phones as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. I love both of these characters and now that Gwen is webslinging in an alt universe I think it would be incredible to pair her up with Spidey in our universe.