I was so excited when I saw Alexa Loves Books’s Christmas mini challenge! It’s called the Not-So-Secret Santa Mini Challenge and if you win, you get $25 worth of books from either Amazon or Book Depository! The challenge is to pick a book character (or several book characters) and tell what you would give them for Christmas!
Alexa already came up with some great ideas in her post so I’m going to try my best to pick different characters but there is one repeat I couldn’t resist (cough Lara Jean cough). Here are the top 5 characters I would love to buy Christmas presents for! Which book characters would you love to shop for if you could?
Lara Jean (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han)
Lara Jean loves baking just as much as I do so shopping for her would be so much fun. I think she would adore this pastel pink KitchenAid mixer because it would make her life easier and it completely matches her aesthetic. Plus, a KitchenAid mixer is the ultimate baker’s dream tool. I think Peter K. would appreciate this gift too because it would mean more sweets for him!
Cath (Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell)
Cath is a writer through and through and if there’s one thing a writer always needs (besides a pen), it’s a place to write down their ideas. I think Cath would really like these flowery Rifle Paper Co. notebooks. She could keep them with her when she’s traveling back home to visit her dad or when she’s sitting in class so if a Simon and Baz idea comes to her she can jot it down without having to fear it being lost.
Anna (Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins)
Anna is obsessed with film and writing movie reviews. It would be easy to get her a notebook as well, or something banana to add to her collection, but I think she would really enjoy this film projector necklace by Betsey Johnson. It seems like something she wouldn’t think to buy for herself but it would allow her to incorporate her favorite hobby into her everyday wardrobe.
Echo (The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey)
Echo is a girl after my own heart because she shares an affinity for good food. We already know she loves macarons and I think it would brighten her holiday to get a giant custom box full of her favorite flavors. Echo is really busy trying to figure out how to stop the war between the Avicen and the Drakhar so she doesn’t have the most time to be stopping to think about food and she can eat these macarons on the go.
Hermione (Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling)
Hermione is everyone’s favorite bookworm and what’s better to gift a bookworm than a set of collectible books? I think Hermione would appreciate this gorgeous collectible set of the Penguin Drop Caps editions and they would look lovely arranged in a central area on her bookshelf to brighten up the area where her neutral colored magic books are displayed.
I tend to be a quieter person (depending on the circumstances). I enjoy connecting with people one on one but when I’m in a large group I usually feel kind of overwhelmed and wishing I was home with a good book instead. I’ve always been a great listener and everyone tells me I’m really supportive and I offer helpful and insightful advice. I tend to get along best with strong-minded individuals who are more outgoing than I am. I had such a fun time thinking of which fictional characters I would get along the best with and why I could see us being best friends. Here’s my list!
1) Luna Lovegood – Luna is wacky and I love her to pieces. I would be so interested in hearing her speak about her theories and thoughts that I could picture us having plenty of tea dates together. (Sorry guys, you know I can’t go a blog post without mentioning Harry Potter at least once!)
2) Celaena Sardothien – Caelena is such a brave and fierce heroine. I would happy to help her do research about what could possibly be going on in the castle and I would totally cover for her when need be.
3) Belle – Belle is more introspective than the other characters I would call my BFF’s, but I just know we would chat about books together for HOURS on end. Plus, she seems generous and I bet she would let me walk around her library.
4) Veronica Mars – I appreciate Veronica’s snark and I would love to be there to help her sort out her ongoing issues with Logan because they’re perfect together.
5) Echo – Echo is hilariously snarky and puts up a strong front to protect the people she loves. She’s loyal and caring and we have the same taste in food (plus we live in the same city which is super convenient). I would love to be able to call her a friend!