This past weekend my fiance showed me the most adorable artwork that appeals to me on every level. I immediately asked him to send me the link so I could post them here because heart eyes. Artist Maryam posted a series of portrait style illustrations of Disney Princesses if they were anime characters. The girls still look very much like themselves and their clothes haven’t changed but they’re flawless beauties with enlarged eyes and I could look at these forever. Mulan might be one of my favorites because I love the cherry blossom in her hair but I also really love Belle and Sleeping Beauty. Which one is your favorite?
Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ YouTube ♥ Goodreads ♥ Pinterest
Since Funko pop figures are released in collections, I thought it was only fair to group my favorites into collections. I had a serious Funko addiction when they first started being released and I have more of them than any one person needs but I only brought a small portion of them with me when I moved. Here are the ones I love the most from my collection!
Helmeted Loki (I was SO happy a new version of this one was released for Thor: The Dark World)
Princess Bubblegum and Marceline
All of my Disney Funkos! Especially hipster Ariel and my Beauty & the Beast ones <3
Robocop and Rocketeer
Loading InLinkz ...
PAST & UPCOMING TOPICS
February 6th – Favorite Funko Pop Figures
February 13th – Favorite Fictional Couples I Ship (Valentine’s Day)
February 20th – Things I’ve Bought But Haven’t Read/Watched/Played Yet
February 27th – Characters I Would Name My Kids After
March 6th – Favorite Snacks/Drinks To Consume While Blogging
March 13th – My Fictional BFF’s
March 20th – My Comfort Films
March 27th – One Fandom Item Styled Five Different Ways
Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays (next to Christmas of course)! It’s a time to indulge in delicious candy, catch up on horror movies you may have missed or revisit some old favorites, carve pumpkins and hunt for every pumpkin flavored food item one can find, and of course, to dress up! For me, I personally think there’s a huge difference between dressing up for Halloween and cosplaying. While I obviously want to be as character accurate as possible, I definitely put a lot less effort into Halloween costumes than I put into cosplay. Especially since Halloween is not too long after New York Comic Con. Our next 5 Fandom Friday post is about the 5 characters I would love to dress up for this Halloween and I’m treating my list as if I had unlimited time and resources.
1) Elsa – I love Elsa for so many reasons. I was already obsessed with Frozen before the film had even debuted because I would spend all of my free time wandering into the Disney Store in Times Square and admiring her ethereal ice blue gown accentuated with the perfect amount of sparkly crystals. It was basically a test not to buy something each time I would get there without having seen the movie. I only allowed myself to purchase an Elsa mug beforehand but you can bet that as soon as I saw it (opening night OBVS), I headed straight back to get my hands on more merchandise. I also adore Elsa’s long full braid and her classic purple eyeshadow and deep red lips and porcelain skin. So yupp, HUGE Elsa fan here :-)
2) Spider-Gwen – Let’s face it. Spider-Gwen is basically all of my fantasies rolled into one giant dream come true. If there’s one character that was made for me, it’s Spider-Gwen. I wish I had had enough time to put together a costume for New York Comic Con, but I’m so in love with Gwen that I didn’t want to rush at all. I know I’m going to cosplay her at a convention next year, but there is going to be so much time, effort and care that goes into it because it’s one cosplay that I’m excited to wear multiple times. I love Gwen’s Spider suit and the gorgeous hooded design. It’s so sleek and classic, yet also modern and fresh. Oh Gwen <3
3) Thranduil – One fandom that I am very passionate about but haven’t ever gotten into the cosplay spirit of is Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. After seeing GlitzyGeekyGirl’s Legolas cosplay, I’ve been dying to make my own, but ever since The Hobbit films have been released, I find myself more and more attached to Thranduil. I love his long blonde hair (widows peak and all), and I super love his hair accessory/crown. The delicate silver branchlike design works perfectly with the autumnal leaves. I also love his floor length silver brocade(?) robe, knee high riding boots, and leggings. Also, elf ears. It’s going to happen at some point.
4) The New Batgirl – Another new costume that I’ve been experiencing intensely fond feelings for is the new Batgirl suit which debuted in issue #35 earlier this month. The new Babs has been everywhere on the internet and I could just stare at her outfit for hours. I love love love the fitted purple leather jacket, purple leggings, yellow Doc Martens, yellow Bat symbol and just all of the intricate detailing of the various snaps and zippers and what have you. Batgirl is finally someone who is relatable and her costume could not be more perfect.
5) Sylveon – Sylveon is my favorite new Pokémon. She/he’s what I would picture a Pokémon fashioned after a cupcake to look like. There are such cute girl Sylveon designs on DeviantArt and I would definitely want to model my costume after this Sylveon Scout
or a Lolita Sylveon
. Either way the costume would be so pink and precious and full of bows! I’m pretty sure I would also be rather prancy.
Which characters would you most like to dress up as for Halloween? Send me your links so I can add them to my post!