This is the first month I’m taking part in 6 on 6 which was created by Scruffy Little Nerf Herder. Basically, you’re encouraged to take 6 geek themed photos and post them on the 6th of each month. Each month is assigned a different color and fittingly enough, October is orange. I’m kind of shocked to see just how little I own that’s actually orange but I’m really pleased with what I came up with!
- Smaug + Fantasy – I love my Smaug Funko! He’s taller than a giant stack of thick fantasy books which is pretty cool IMO. This photo shows some of my fantasy favorites and one (well, three because it’s a bind up) that I’m really hoping to get to soon, The Sword of Shannara series by Terry Brooks. The MTV show looks incredible and I really want to read it before it premieres early next year!
- Currently Reading – I’m currently reading the 4th and final volume of Matt Fraction and David Aja’s Hawkeye which I was so sad to see come to an end. I really love Jeff Lemire but I haven’t picked up his reboot just yet. I’m also really addicted to Ranma 1 / 2 lately! I love that they’re reprinting the original in such a pretty new collection. The 3rd volume is pictured and I’m pretty in love with the cover.
- Pumpkins! – These are from a recent trip to Trader Joe’s to stock up on all of the pumpkiny goodness I could find but I’m going pumpkin and apple picking this coming weekend so looking that them is getting me even more into the spirit of Fall!
- Halloween Mickey Jewelry – When I saw this beautiful set from FemmeDeBloom on Etsy, I knew I had to have it. Disney and Halloween are two of the best things so combined, it makes me so happy. Plus, it’s really reasonably priced for a set that includes a necklace and earrings.
- Compilation of Orange Things – As I mentioned, I seem to be lacking things in the orange department so I started by grabbing some ginger Funko’s as a starting point, added my PSL #OrangeSleeveSociety cozy that Megan tweeted to me, a pair of pumpkin earrings I got on Etsy some time two years ago and my favorite pumpkin tea plus a pumpkin pie candle from Bath and Body Works.
- BB-8 – I preordered my Sphero BB-8 from ThinkGeek on Force Friday but I am still awaiting his arrival to my home so I visited one in the Disney Store in the meantime. He wasn’t for sale, otherwise I would’ve cancelled my preorder and picked him up on the spot!
Since Funko pop figures are released in collections, I thought it was only fair to group my favorites into collections. I had a serious Funko addiction when they first started being released and I have more of them than any one person needs but I only brought a small portion of them with me when I moved. Here are the ones I love the most from my collection!
Helmeted Loki (I was SO happy a new version of this one was released for Thor: The Dark World)
Princess Bubblegum and Marceline
All of my Disney Funkos! Especially hipster Ariel and my Beauty & the Beast ones <3
Robocop and Rocketeer
PAST & UPCOMING TOPICS
I am so pleased that 5 Fandom Friday is still alive and kicking and we’re starting off 2015 with a new post about our fandom resolutions! I feel like I’ve been writing best of and resolution lists for days now but this one was a lot of fun to think about. Megan and I also have a special treat at the end of our posts today, which is the 5 Fandom Friday topics for February and March!! I hope everyone is enjoying our topics and will continue to participate through 2015.
1) Re-read all of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings – I briefly touched upon my intention to re-read more books I enjoy in my 2015 resolutions post but more specifically, this is going to be the year I re-read Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. I have re-read Harry Potter more times than I can count as a child and it was always so enjoyable to do so that I want to make the time to experience them again this year. In April, Andrew and I are going to Lincoln Center to see all three Lord of the Rings films with the music performed by a live orchestra so I think a re-read is the perfect way to get excited for it!
2) Play more Board Games – I have always been interested in learning and playing board games but I never had anyone who wanted to play with me. Luckily, my boyfriend is rather into games and he and his friends love planning board game nights. I’ve already learned and played more games in the past year than I have, well, ever, but I want to continue to see what else is out there and working on my strategic skills.
3) Go to more Conventions – I went to SO many conventions between 2012-2013 and in 2014 I was a huge con slacker. It was partially because of moving and starting a new job (read: moving costs and no vacation time), but now that I’m settled I’m really looking forward to planning a trip. Even though I’ve been to Orlando a ton of times, I would love to go back with Andrew so we can see the new Diagon Alley expansion at Universal and enjoy fireworks at Disney together and such (and visit Kristin!). So maybe we’ll plan for a MegaCon/Harry Potter World/Disney trip in the near future? I would also love to attend ECCC, C2E2 (for the second time), and Baltimore Comic Con (because it’s my FAVORITE).
4) Cosplay – There are two characters that I am dying to cosplay and both will involve A LOT of work and preparation. I hate revealing my cosplays until right before the convention or the actual day of, so I’m not going to list them here but man I am really hoping I can make these two happen. My favorite cosplay of 2014 was the Kiki’s Delivery Service characters that Andrew and I did together at NYCC.
5) Hang my art prints – Another side effect of moving is that I haven’t had the chance to determine which art prints I want to hang on my walls yet. I loved my old setup at my parents house, but I think want to be more adult and get some of the really special ones framed before I hang them. I’ve acquired quite the collection of prints throughout the years and for the pieces I don’t choose to hang, I’ve been meaning to buy these portfolios that Amy suggested to me one Skype date ago so I can browse through and appreciate what I own instead of having it all sit in a plastic sleeve in my closet.
PAST & UPCOMING TOPICS
Part of my getting-back-into-SuperSpaceChick-blogging-initiative includes the introduction of Outfit of the Day posts. I’m always getting tons of questions about my clothing when I post photos on instagram, so I thought it would be easier to share more details in one simple place. For my first outfit, I chose to wear this beautiful stained glass window dress which recreates the gorgeous ending of Beauty and the Beast. The dress is full of striking colors and it fits perfectly. It’s part of BlackMilk’s Disney collection, and it’s still available to order online. I also chose to take photos in front of my new bookshelf because Belle, books, enchanted roses, etc. I used my enchanted rose replica which a close friend of mine surprised me with while we were visiting Disney World in March. I also took a few photos with my Lumiere Funko but despite loving the figure, I wasn’t thrilled with either of the photos, so you can only spot him in the background on my bookshelf in one of the photos below. The castle ring was purchased at Spooky Empire when I visited Kristin a few years ago, but I’m sure there are similar ones on Etsy. For links to everything that’s still available, scroll down ^_^