I haven’t posted anything wedding related in such a long time since I was too caught up in the actual planning progress but now that Andrew and I’s big day has come and gone, I’m excited to be sharing more about it with everyone! We haven’t gotten any of our photos back from the photographer just yet but before we packed up our decorations I snapped a few shots of our decor. Our wedding was space themed (focusing mostly on Star Wars and Doctor Who, although we did play some Firefly during cocktail hour!). I had such a fun time hunting all of our decorations down because theme parties are kind of my thing and we did do some other things during the reception but I’ll be getting to that in future posts :-) If you want to see even more sneak peeks, you can check out our instagram hashtag which is #WedLongAndProsper16.
This is one of my favorite things that I found on Etsy! I posted a photo of it the morning of our wedding since Andrew wasn’t allowed to see me until I arrived at the church. It has the date we tied the knot and of course, the infamous Han / Leia exchange<3
This is a copy of our church program. I love the design we found and how it says “it was written in the stars.”
I also just adored this ring box. It’s so perfect<3 And I love that it’s something that we’ll have forever to keep our rings in when we’re not wearing them at night.
This is my garter. I didn’t actually wear it, it was just used for photos before the ceremony. Andrew and I decided early on that we didn’t want to do a bouquet / garter toss because most of the times we’ve seen them, they just end up being awkward. I chose this particular garter because it’s called Rose and the Doctor<3
Arguably, one of the most time consuming of our decorations were these Clone Trooper placecards. I ordered about 200 LEGO Clone Troopers from eBay and each one came completely disassembled. We spent hours building them and then cutting our placecards and hot gluing them to each trooper. I love that we had a little army set up for everyone to see when they were figuring out where to sit! Unfortunately, I had forgotten to take a photo of them before we packed up but Betty was nice enough to let me use hers!
This is the craft that took me the second longest. Originally we were just planning on using the TARDIS as our card box but we quickly realized that it was too small! I made an emergency trip to Michael’s and found a Star Wars themed box that I painted 3 coats of white and decorated with fabric roses and rhinestones for our TARDIS to sit atop.
We brought our own cake servers to the venue to use because this Darth Vader & Stormtrooper set were too cute to pass up.
This is our cake topper! This is probably my favorite of all of our decorations because it’s just so cute! R2 looks so dapper and I got to be a BB-8 bride. They sat atop a galaxy cake which I’m hoping to have great photos of in the weeks to come!
For the girls bouquets, I wanted to use the closest arrangement I could find to something galaxy themed. I went with blue amy’s, diamond dusted roses, lillies and hydrangeas. We also chose the same flowers for our centerpieces which sat inside Death Star cookie jars. I never thought I would order 25 Death Star cookie jars in my life and I made a point to chat with ThinkGeek while placing the order so they weren’t like what the heck is this? and didn’t fulfill it! The centerpiece photo is by Cassie!
I also ordered my bouquet off of etsy because I really wanted a brooch bouquet. I think they’re so pretty and I love that I’ll be able to keep this one looking just as it did on my wedding for the rest of my life<3
For our guestbook we went with River Song’s diary and a Sonic Screwdriver pen. We actually haven’t had the time to read through it yet but we’re planning on doing so soon!
This is just the cutest card ever that my coworkers gave us when they surprised me with our VIP guided tour of Harry Potter World.
And lastly, here’s a photo I really love of my Mom and I outside the church<3
I have been telling myself for a while that Tsum Tsums will be a slippery slope for me if I cave in and start going all out. I’ve been exerting the utmost self control when I see them enter the Disney Store on Tsum Tsum Tuesday’s (the first Tuesday of each month) and I’ve managed to only buy some favorites thus far (the Christmas collection, Minnie, Peter Pan & Hook) but trust me when I say that the struggle is real. Enter, my downfall. Star Wars Tsum Tsums guys! STAR WARS! TSUM TSUMS! I have just been waiting for the day that this collection would be released and I’m super hoping this won’t be some type of gateway for me but GUH I need so many of them. ESPECIALLY Han and Leia. And Boba Fett.And R2. And Chewy. These beautiful little bb’s come out on February 16th.
If you’ve been spending any time around my blog this past month you may have noticed that I have an undying love of all things Christmas. Because of this love and my passion for different fandoms I’m incapable of passing up a great decoration especially if it makes a character I love a little more festive. My two favorite sets of decorations I’ve purchased this season are Star Wars Itty Bittys which are available at Hallmark stores and the holiday box of Tsum Tsums. I bought Yoda, C3PO and Chewbacca from the Star Wars collection but there’s also an adorable R2D2 that I need to complete the set. I didn’t pick him up at the same time because he looks like a reindeer and sadly, all of the antlers on the ones in the store were bent :-/ The holiday Tsum Tsum box can be purchased at the Disney Store and it includes Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale, Donald and Daisy! What are your favorite fandom decorations?
This is the first month I’m taking part in 6 on 6 which was created by Scruffy Little Nerf Herder. Basically, you’re encouraged to take 6 geek themed photos and post them on the 6th of each month. Each month is assigned a different color and fittingly enough, October is orange. I’m kind of shocked to see just how little I own that’s actually orange but I’m really pleased with what I came up with!
- Smaug + Fantasy – I love my Smaug Funko! He’s taller than a giant stack of thick fantasy books which is pretty cool IMO. This photo shows some of my fantasy favorites and one (well, three because it’s a bind up) that I’m really hoping to get to soon, The Sword of Shannara series by Terry Brooks. The MTV show looks incredible and I really want to read it before it premieres early next year!
- Currently Reading – I’m currently reading the 4th and final volume of Matt Fraction and David Aja’s Hawkeye which I was so sad to see come to an end. I really love Jeff Lemire but I haven’t picked up his reboot just yet. I’m also really addicted to Ranma 1 / 2 lately! I love that they’re reprinting the original in such a pretty new collection. The 3rd volume is pictured and I’m pretty in love with the cover.
- Pumpkins! – These are from a recent trip to Trader Joe’s to stock up on all of the pumpkiny goodness I could find but I’m going pumpkin and apple picking this coming weekend so looking that them is getting me even more into the spirit of Fall!
- Halloween Mickey Jewelry – When I saw this beautiful set from FemmeDeBloom on Etsy, I knew I had to have it. Disney and Halloween are two of the best things so combined, it makes me so happy. Plus, it’s really reasonably priced for a set that includes a necklace and earrings.
- Compilation of Orange Things – As I mentioned, I seem to be lacking things in the orange department so I started by grabbing some ginger Funko’s as a starting point, added my PSL #OrangeSleeveSociety cozy that Megan tweeted to me, a pair of pumpkin earrings I got on Etsy some time two years ago and my favorite pumpkin tea plus a pumpkin pie candle from Bath and Body Works.
- BB-8 – I preordered my Sphero BB-8 from ThinkGeek on Force Friday but I am still awaiting his arrival to my home so I visited one in the Disney Store in the meantime. He wasn’t for sale, otherwise I would’ve cancelled my preorder and picked him up on the spot!
Like many other fans, I’ve been getting so excited for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and that excitement has caused many viewings of the original trilogy which made me think about how great it would be to pay homage to my favorite intergalactic duo in my newest Art Gallery post. Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon and his second in command, the Wookie named Chewbacca have always been my two favorite characters in Star Wars (Princess Leia comes in at number 2 after Han though. Then there’s R2 and C3PO. Then Chewie!). I talked about my love of the Millennium Falcon in a recent 5 Fandom Friday post and my statements still stand.
This weeks topic is actually 5 Broadway roles I would love to play but since I severely lack an acting gene I decided to spin the topic to 5 movies, tv shows, books, etc that I would love to see get a Broadway adaptation. I’ve already had the pleasure of seeing A Very Potter Musical (and I couldn’t have asked for anything better), Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark (which was supremely entertaining for all the wrong reasons) and the recent off-Broadway Heathers: The Musical. Each are things that I never imagined seeing on stage and as a musical no less so if those work, there are definitely some others that should be in the works!
1) The Legend of Zelda – The score is very well known anyway so why not adapt it into a musical?! Who wouldn’t love seeing Link try to save Zelda on stage? I know I would! It might be best to do something involving Majora’s Mask because that costume would look outstanding in all its vibrancy.
2) Lord of the Rings – Again, a story with a well known score. The heroes journey to Mordor would translate on stage well. Hobbits love singing anyway and a second breakfast number would be a total crowd pleaser. And they should absolutely acquire the rights to “They’re taking the Hobbits to Isengard.”
3) Star Wars – I feel like I keep choosing things that already have awesome music but I can’t help that they’re so perfect! Star Wars has been done in almost every medium imaginable so I don’t see why they haven’t graced Broadway yet. Unless they have and I just wasn’t around for it!
4) The Nightmare Before Christmas – It goes without saying that I love anything involving Christmas so The Nightmare Before Christmas is an obvious choice for me. They wouldn’t even have to write new songs because the tracks in the film are so darn perfect!
5) Mean Girls – There are SO many Mean Girls catchphrases that hold up to this day and are frequently quoted by almost everyone I know. I could just picture ‘stop trying to make fetch happen’ being a singing and dancing number, as well as ‘four for you Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco.’
Yesterday was one of the most exciting days in years for Star Wars fans since we all got to come together and celebrate Force Friday! I can’t even put into words how excited I am for The Force Awakens and I love that Disney put the forethought into releasing all of the amazing merchandise on the same day in every store around the country because it was honestly just the best idea. There was such a strong sense of community on all forms of social media and my heart smiled every single time I came across a BB-8 photo or video (which was really often!). The only difficulty people came across was not being able to find the Covergirl x Star Wars collection but there was so much other amazing stuff to make up for it (no pun intended) that I don’t mind waiting anything week or so to celebrate my love of Star Wars again. Here are my favorite pieces that were released for the big day (the only non-fashion item included is the Sphero BB-8 because OBVIOUSLY that droid had to be on here)! Information about where to buy everything I included below can be found on Polyvore.
I’m posting this a day late, but here are all the exclusives I would be devoting my precious time to collecting if I were attending SDCC this year. I found out about my favorite exclusive, the glitter Darth Vader coin purse, after seeing Le Fancy Geek’s Wish List and I knew I had to add it to mine! I’m also really loving the Her Universe Agent Carter tee. I loved that tv series so much and it holds a special place for me since it’s really what got me into YouTubing<3 I’m also obsessed with the Serenity Leaf on the Wind necklace by Quantum Mechanix. Talk about the perfect accessory! Other favorites include plush direwolves & a Game of Thrones crown, a Jem & the Holograms doll and Regina & Supergirl vinyl figures! What’re you hoping to get your hands on this year?
How could I not? What better way to celebrate all of the wonderful news we heard from the folks attending Star Wars Celebration last weekend? The Star Wars book tag combines my love of Star Wars with my love of books so the tag is basically perfect IMO. I can’t wait to do an updated version at some point so we can include BB8 because really, he’s the cutest little droid. If you make your own Star Wars Book Tag video or blog post, please leave a link below so I can see / read yours! And until next time, may the force be with you.
Writing this post has caused me to start thinking about the next time I’ll be able to hop on a plane to Florida to visit Kristin and go to Disney and Harry Potter World<3 We always have so much fun when we’re together and I think a visit is long overdue!
1) Hogwarts Castle Ride @ Universal – Just being in Harry Potter world is a big enough treat, but going on the Hogwarts Castle ride and seeing Hogwarts in such great detail is an absolute dream come true! The only part I don’t love is the spiders!
2) Star Tours @ Disney World – This is my favorite of any theme park ride and anytime I’m at Disney, I beeline for Star Tours. I love feeling like I’m actually in space. I haven’t ever been lucky enough to be the rebel yet, but I’m hopeful that it’ll happen one day!
3) Indiana Jones ride @ Disneyland – I wish this ride was also at Disney World because Florida is way more convenient to get to than California.
4) Peter Pan’s Flight @ Disney – While Disney’s Peter Pan is my least favorite interpretation of J.M Barrie’s play, I do really love the ride! It’s so exciting to see all the characters and be taken through Neverland.
5) Spider-Man ride @ Universal – I love all the easter eggs in this ride! Even when you’re just waiting on the line, you pass by Ben Ulrich’s office among others. I tend to prefer simulated rides because I’m a big baby when it comes to roller coasters not even because of the speed and drops but because I just imagine how bad it could be if the ride breaks. Which actually happened on this ride and I was terrified while Kristin just laughed at me and talked about how the ride was actually exciting for once. She’s quite the daredevil.