#LoveAThon: Mini Challenge #5: X Meets Y Challenge

This is the third year I’ll be participating in the Book Blogger’s Love-A-Thon and this year, I’m cohosting the event alongside Alexa of Alexa Loves Books, Cee of The Novel Hermit and Mel of The Daily Prophecy.  Sign-ups are still open so there’s time if you want to join in (and you should) and the Love-A-Thon takes place from February 19th – 20th.  It’s the perfect way to meet new book bloggers and make new friends<3

Mix and match away! This challenge is made for you to combine the books and movies/tv shows that you love in some way, in order for other people to find new recommendations for things to check out. Whether inspired by characters or themes, we can’t wait to see what you come up with!

If you liked Pushing Daisies then try The Architect of Song by A.G. Howard! The Architect of Song is actually a Beauty and the Beast retelling but there are a bunch of parallels to Pushing Daisies which I absolutely adore!

If you like Supernatural then try Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake!  Both involve awesome squads hunting demons in a super cool car!

If you like The Illusionist then try CaravalThe Illusionist has always been one of my favorite films! There’s a forbidden romance, everything about it is pure magic and there’s a scheme that reminds me of Caraval!

If you like Dexter then try The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis!  Both involve morally grey main characters who avenge the deaths of innocent people.  They also both touch upon very uncomfortable but important topics.

If you liked The Lunar Chronicles then try The 10th Kingdom!  The 10th Kingdom is a completely underrated television miniseries that deserves so much more love than it gets.  It’s a fun fairytale adventure story and I can definitely see fans of Cinder and Co. loving it!

If you like Illuminae then try Battlestar Galactica! BSG is another one of my favorite shows that I just don’t see talked about enough.  It’s quite the journey from season one to the end and it takes place on a military battelship in the depths of space.  Sound familiar? :-)

Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ YouTube ♥ Goodreads ♥ Pinterest

IMG_4762.PNG

11 Responses to “#LoveAThon: Mini Challenge #5: X Meets Y Challenge”

1. I’ve never heard of The Illusionist or The 10th Kingdom but they both sound like things I would love. Thanks for the recommendations! #loveathong :)
    Jen @ Habitat for Happiness recently posted…Love-A-Thon 2017 Challenge #5-X Meets YMy Profile

2. Cassie says:

Aaaaah, I love “if you try this then that” posts! I could never get into The Illusionist, mostly because Jessica Biel, but also because I’m a Prestige girl (Hugh Jackman AND David Bowie!) and they came out at the exact same time.
    Cassie recently posted…Philip Pullman Announces His Brand New Trilogy ‘The Book of Dust’My Profile

3. Lori says:

I LOVE the Dexter and Female of the Species recommendation. So perfect! I need to check out The Illusionist too. I enjoyed Caraval a lot.
    Lori recently posted…If You Like Gilmore Girls & Friday Night Lights You Should Read…My Profile

Mh these are all new to me, but I’ll probably make a list to remember the match…or why not a Trello board? Any excuse is great for a new Trello board, haha.
    Alice recently posted…2017 Love-A-Thon | X Meets Y ChallengeMy Profile

I have never seen The Illusionist or The 10th Kingdom, but both of them sound INCREDIBLE. I’m definitely going to have to check them out!
    Alexa S. recently posted…2017 Love-a-Thon: Signed, Sealed, DeliveredMy Profile

6. Meagan says:

Great list! Some of my favourite books and movies are on here!
    Meagan recently posted…Love-a-thon Mini-Challenge 6: Valentine’s Care PackageMy Profile

7. I’ve seen the first episode of Pushing Daisies, but never continued for some reason. I really want to read Architect of Song though!

I liked The Illusionist and I recently got Caraval, so I can’t wait to get started.

The 10th Kingdom!! Such a good show.
    Mel@thedailyprophecy recently posted…Love-A-Thon 2017 | Let Me Sing You a Love Song.My Profile

8. Chantale E. says:

I’m going to have to check out 10th Kingdom and read Caraval, because the Illusionist is one of my favorites!

9. J.N. Cahill says:

Oooh, I’ll have to look into The Illusionist. The 10th Kingdom is so underrated!

10. I love these kinds of posts, so fun! I still need to watch The 10th Kingdom, my friend is obsessed and I love fairy tales.
    Morgan @ The Bookish Beagle recently posted…End of Year Survey 2016My Profile

11. Brittany K says:

I’m so glad you’ve included The 10th Kingdom! It’s been one of my all-time favorite movies (or miniseries, technically) since I was little. :) [And I totally ship Virginia + Wolf and confess that I’ve indulged in reading 10th Kingdom fanfic, lol.]