#LoveAThon: Mini Challenge #2: Mix + Match

This is the third year I’ll be participating in the Book Blogger’s Love-A-Thon and this year, I’m cohosting the event alongside Alexa ofAlexa Loves Books, Cee of The Novel Hermit and Mel of The Daily Prophecy.  Sign-ups are still open so there’s time if you want to join in (and you should) and the Love-A-Thon takes place from February 19th – 20th.  It’s the perfect way to meet new book bloggers and make new friends<3

We all love books, but there are other things we’re passionate about too! All you’ve got to do is mash-up a non-bookish hobby/passion/talent/fandom with your bookish life. Do it through photos, collages, or videos. Get as creative as you’d like to!

Fashion – I went to the Fashion Institute of Technology for college and my love of fashion has never wavered! I’m definitely a smarter shopper now and I love finding the silhouettes, colors and styles that I’ve adapted as my style.  The joy I feel when finding that perfect piece of apparel (or shoes) is incomparable!  I am the girl that spends a good portion of her day checking all of the new arrivals sections on her favorite shopping sites.

Baking – Admittedly, I haven’t been baking as much lately as I used to but that doesn’t mean that I love the process any less. I still visit baking websites daily and save the most decadent looking recipes to my various pinterest boards for one day when I have more time<3.

Makeup – I am a complete and total sucker for makeup.  Do I need anymore Too Faced eyeshadow palettes? No.  Will I buy them anyway if they’re scented and packaged in an adorable manner? Yes, absolutely.

Japanese Culture – (excuse the photo, I don’t have the best lighting situation near my manga shelf!) – My love of manga and all things Japan runs deep.  I dream of visiting Tokyo one day (but I’ll seriously need to psych myself up for that plane ride!) and visiting the Studio Ghibli museum, all of the cute Nintendo attractions, Hello Kitty cafes, cat cafes, maid cafes and of course, Akihabara! Plus the food is my absolute favorite.

Disney – I’ve always been a Disney girl at heart.  In fact, my hair is currently so long that’s its reached Rapunzel status which is exactly how I’ve always wanted it.  I love Disney so much that Andrew and I even went there for our Honeymoon last year! I’m dying to go back in the Fall when the weather is cooler and we can enjoy the Christmas decor!

Christmas – My favorite season of the year is Christmas season.  Every since I was a little girl I’ve adored the magic of Christmas and all of the warm feelings that go along with it.  And for those who aren’t aware, Christmas season begins at the end of July in my heart.

Link Up Your Posts!

GIVEAWAY

PRIZE PACK (US): Passenger, Vassa in the Night, Amberlough, Be Good Be Real Be Crazy, Metaltown tattoo, Tor Teen pin, The Dark Talent pin, Amberlough pin

PRIZE PACK (INTL): Passenger, Truthwitch, To Catch a Killer, The End of Our Story, Metaltown tattoo, Tor sticker, Arabella of Mars paper dolls, Becoming Bonnie newspapers

Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ YouTube ♥ Goodreads ♥ Pinterest

IMG_4762.PNG

19 Responses to “#LoveAThon: Mini Challenge #2: Mix + Match”

1. I think our mutual love for Disney is one of the reasons why I like you so much :D I’m not the biggest fan of baking myself, but I do love to eat the things people bake ;)
    Mel@thedailyprophecy recently posted…Love-A-Thon 2017 | Mix and Match.My Profile

Disney and Christmas are definitely my favorites too! I always think about you when I stumble upon those things and you’re a Disney princess for sure. <3 I don't like staying in the kitchen and I used to be obsessed with makeup few years ago but then I kinda stopped.
    Alice recently posted…2017 Love-A-Thon | Mix + MatchMy Profile

3. Awww, all of these pictures are so beautiful! My husband Mitch and I went to Disney World on our honeymoon too! We first went together when my sister got married in Florida, then again the next year just for fun, then again the next year for our honeymoon, then AGAIN last year since we missed it so much! In early march I’ll be going to LA with a friend to celebrate my birthday, and I’ve course I couldn’t pass up the chance to visit Disney Land for the first time!
    Jen @ Habitat for Happiness recently posted…Love-A-Thon Challenge -Mix & MatchMy Profile

4. SweetMarie83 says:

Your pictures are so beautiful! I love Disney too. I swear I’m more obsessed with it as an adult than I was as a child haha
    SweetMarie83 recently posted…2017 Love-a-Thon: Mix & Match ChallengeMy Profile

5. Christina says:

I’ve been getting into baking a lot lately! I really love it. Makeup is also a lot of fun for me, as well as Disney!
    Christina recently posted…2017 Love-a-thon QuestionnaireMy Profile

6. Eileen says:

I love your Sailor Moon collection!! Everything’s so neatly displayed :D
    Eileen recently posted…2017 Love-a-Thon – Mini-challenge #2: Mix + MatchMy Profile

7. Inkling says:

Is that a Sailor Moon compact?! Where did you get it?
    Inkling recently posted…Love-a-thon Mini Challenge #1 – Mad LibsMy Profile

8. Oh, Kristen! I LOVE your Manga shelf and your Disney shelf!

I also did a little baking in college but I loathed cleaning up so I have mostly not done any cooking and leave that to my husband!
    Zeee @ I Heart Romance recently posted…A Love-a-thon Mini-Challenge #2 Mix + MatchMy Profile

9. I love your photos! And I seriously have shelf envy! I’m not much of a makeup girl, but Too Faced is one brand that I just love their packaging. And, it’s never too early for Christmas.
    Jess @ Literary, etc recently posted…2017 Love-a-Thon Mini Challenge Mix & MatchMy Profile

10. Your Disney and manga shelves are AMAZING (I’m dying over your Sailor Moon merchandise!) I also love that you when to the Fashion Institute! When I was younger I dreamed of going to FIDM and did an internship with Nordstrom. It’s no wonder you have a fashion background, your pictures are always sooooo beautiful and creative! You are literally my #intagramgoals!
    Cristina @ Girl in the Pages recently posted…2017 Love-a-Thon Kickoff!My Profile

11. Lori says:

First of all, I love your pictures! I can’t believe I wasn’t following you on Instagram already! I love how you’ve incorporated all these things. I love baking too. I wish I had more time for it.
    Lori recently posted…Love-a-Thon Mix & Match Mini Challenge: Bookish Cloth DiapersMy Profile

12. […] challenge is hosted by Kristin @ SuperSpaceChick! Go to her post if you want to participate. See my Introduction post here  & my Mad Libs […]

13. JaimeKristal says:

I keep thinking I need to re-watch Sailor Moon… Disney and Christmas, yes!

The mix and match was a blast to do!

14. Becca says:

Gorgeous pictures! I love Disney too. I especially like all your magnetic bookmarks and how you’ve displayed them.
    Becca recently posted…2017 Love-A-Thon!My Profile

I absolutely adore your fashion sense! You always have the cutest clothes, and I have constant dress/top envy ;) And you and I definitely share a love for Japanese culture and Disney! Two of my favorite things in the whole wide world :D
    Alexa S. recently posted…2017 Love-A-Thon: Day OneMy Profile

16. Your manga collection almost brought tears to my eyes! Ultimate goals.
    Indya | TheSmallAdventurer recently posted…Adventure #17: Healesville SanctuaryMy Profile

17. […] To check out the wonderful hosts, and to see my introduction post click HERE. This challenge is hosted by Super Space Chick. […]

18. J.N. Cahill says:

Beautiful pictures and great hobbies. I love the fashion bookish looks that you and Hannah @ clockworkreads does.

19. Lauren says:

Your pictures are so beautiful!

I love seeing your shelves in your videos and your manga shelf is just as pretty to look at <3

I'm a huge fan of Disney and Christmas as well! I keep my Christmas tree up far too longer (according to others, not me haha) and it's always the saddest day when I take it down!
    Lauren recently posted…2017 Love-a-thon Kick-off & Introduction!My Profile