I wanted to make a personal best nine of 2016 from my iPhone camera roll without relying on the instagram algorithm website everyone has been using in addition to the one I did post on my instagram as well. I spent about 20 minutes writing this out as a Facebook post, only to have Facebook say “oops! we can’t post this right now” without saving it as a draft or anything. This served as a clear reminder that this is one of the many reasons I don’t ever use what I consider to be the worst social networking site in existence. But, it also resulted in me capturing my thoughts in a blog post instead so that’s the silver lining. Anyway, here are some of my favorite moments with explanations of why! Thanks to all of the people who made my year so wonderful<3
- Reunited with Melissa<3 I miss Mel so much since she’s moved to Texas but I’m thankful that I get to “see” her at least once a month when we host our Spines with Wines book club with Cassie. We honestly have even more fun afterwards just sipping our wine and catching up on life stuff :-D I really hope we get to see each other in person much more this year but I’m thankful that the distance between us hasn’t impacted our friendship at all. We’re both here for each other no matter what happens and neither of us ever doubt the strength of our friendship.
- This photo was taken when Andrew and I went to Baltimore Comic Con. It was such a lovely trip and we had even more fun exploring Baltimore than we did at the convention! I’ve always wanted to go to the aquarium there and viewing the jellyfish was a dream come true since Princess Jellyfish has turned me into a little bit of a jellyfish otaku.
- This is one of my favorite photos ever taken of my mom and I! Even better that it’s on my wedding day! It’s such a lovely candid because it perfectly captures the immense amount of happiness we were all feeling that day. My mom is the strongest, most amazing woman I have ever met and I cannot even describe all the ways she inspires me. We talk every single day and my relationship with her (and my dad!) has been one of the most important in my life. I am so thankful for our bond and I’m praying for a healthier 2017 for my mom<3
- This photo was taken after my birthday brunch on the Lower East Side. I don’t usually plan anything but I was so excited to get together with all of the incredible people in my life! My brother Bob, his amazing girlfriend Amanda, my bestie Cassie and my loving new family- Brittany, Molly, Kristin and Joe<3- all made my day into one of the best of the year!
- My first experience ever at the Renaissance Faire was even more magical than I ever could’ve imagined. Stepping into the faire is like being transported to another time period. I had so much fun drinking mead, watching acrobats and trying on floral crowns with Andrew, Kelly and Gil! I’m so thankful to have gotten much closer to Kelly and Gil this year. They’re wonderful people who share my love of Harry Potter<3 Kelly took this photo of Andrew and I on the kissing bridge!
- This photo was taken at Andrew and I’s combined bachelor / bachelorette party weekend. Amanda, Melissa, Greg and Joe worked so hard to give us the best weekend ever and I love that our bridal parties were able to meet and get to know each other before the big day. Some people have even remained friends and it’s so much fun to see the mini-reunions at different events that we’ve gone to since our wedding!
- Cassie and I always have so much fun at the book launches for Melissa’s Girl at Midnight series at Books of Wonder in NYC (and not just because there’s always cupcakes and champagne!). It’s been amazing to see such a wonderful person share her work with the world and I cannot wait to read / celebrate The Savage Dawn in 2017!
- This photo was also taken at my birthday brunch but I just had to include ice cream on here somewhere. It’s from 10Below which is a place that was on my NYC bucket list so I’m thrilled we were able to try it out!
- And lastly (in this list, even though I struggled because there were SO many moments I wanted to include) is a photo of me in front of my pride and joy. Now that Andrew and I are settled in our space, there’s nothing that makes me happier than being able to admire my bookshelves in a wide open space. And in this photo I’m reading one of my favorite books of the year and wearing my favorite sweater ever because foxes are the best.
And here’s a little wedding collage to commemorate the most important day of my 2016<3 Do I win the award for most bridesmaids ever?