I’ve seen a bunch of people post small monthly goals and I really like the idea of re-centering and re-evaluating everything more frequently. It’s awesome to make yearly goals but it’s also easy to lose focus or forget about them entirely over the 365 day period we’re aiming to accomplish them in. Having small monthly goals to help get to those bigger picture yearly ones is something I’m eager to try out!
1) Keep up with November Bookstagram challenges – Check! I pulled the info for a total of 5 challenges and while I didn’t post a photo for each challenge every single day (that honestly would’ve been way to overwhelming for everyone) I did manage to consistently post photos at least 5-6 times per week so I am pleased!
2) Blog 2-3 times per week – FAIL! But I feel confident that I’ll be back on track in December because nothing motivates me like Christmas.
3) Try to reduce stress – Check! I had a 9 day long vacation so I’m sure that also factored into my calmness but I’ve been pretty even keeled this past month and I’m hoping I’ll maintain this feeling through the holiday season (despite anticipating fighting through tourists daily on my walk to work).
1) Clean our kitchen & hall closets – I read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up before my aforementioned vacation and let me tell you, it was life-changing. I spent almost all of my days off cleaning out my closet, my drawers, my comic book collection, collectibles and other random things that I’m not even sure how I acquired. I set up a filing system for our important paperwork (#adulting) and I’ve felt so much better ever since. More on this process to come!
2) Blog 2-3 times per week – While I wish I would’ve had the time to fall back into my blogging routine in November, I realize that with the amount of commitments I had, it was unreasonable to believe I could make time for writing (this is why I’ve also failed NaNoWriMo 2x – November is just not a good month for me). Now that my room is completely clean and organized, I’m feeling an overwhelming sense of clarity and that I’m in the right mental state to sit down and be creative instead of stepping over piles of books, feeling guilty about blogging instead of tidying and then giving up and binge-watching YouTube videos instead. Plus Christmas so I’m SUPER excited.
3) Re-read a favorite book – I’ve often talked about how I grapple with re-reading things because there are so many things I haven’t read (a bunch of them are currently mocking me from my shelves) but December is such a comfort month that I want to make the conscious choice to re-read. I know I’ll enjoy it, I just have to do it. I’m thinking of picking up Fangirl or The Raven Boys since I’ve re-read Harry Potter so many times I can’t count anymore and I feel like some of my other favorites deserve some love<3
TL;DR – Two out of three ain’t bad.
What are your goals?