Waiting on Wednesday: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly series hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we’re eagerly awaiting.  This week I’m choosing Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling which really needs no explanation.  Yesterday I began my re-read of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and I’m planning on re-reading The Half-Blood Prince and The Deathly Hallows as well prior to the sequel release next month and I’m getting more and more excited by the minute.  I already assembled my squad for the midnight release party and the only thing that’s left is to plan my outfit! If you haven’t already, you can find the midnight release party closest to you on this new website set up by Scholastic!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, a new play by Jack Thorne, is the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. It will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on 30th July 2016.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband, and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes darkness comes from unexpected places. (via Goodreads)

13 Responses to “Waiting on Wednesday: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling”

1. Cassie says:

I feel like a bad Harry Potter fan, but I don’t know if I want to read this. =(
    Cassie recently posted…Waiting on Wednesday: ‘Three Dark Crowns’ by Kendare BlakeMy Profile

2. Emily says:

I actually totally forgot to add this one to my wishlist – so thank you!
    AND thank you for the release party link – my local indie is having a midnight party and I’m so excited!
    Emily recently posted…Waiting on Wednesday: A World Without You by Beth RevisMy Profile

3. Renee' says:

I’ve pre-ordered it but am on the fence about it. Not sure why. Hope you enjoy it!

Renee My WOW

4. I’ll probably read this one eventually, but I’m not really as excited as most people! I do like this cover though. :D I hope you enjoy this one when you get the chance to read it!

Have a fabulous week. :)

Check out my WoW post!
    Alyssa Susanna (The Eater of Books!) recently posted…Waiting on Wednesday (#181): Spindle by E.K. JohnstonMy Profile

I’m so excited for this! Pre-ordered it the day it became available!
    Rachel recently posted…Peanuts Customizable Art Prints + GiveawayMy Profile

6. My boyfriend pre-ordered this book for me and I’m so excited to get it in the mail! :)
    Mariah Kaercher recently posted…Sailor Scouts, Murder and the RenaissanceMy Profile

7. Hannah says:

I’m actually pretty psyched for this. Harry Potter is so nostalgic for me at this point since it was a big part of my childhood. My mom actually read the books into a tape recorder (yes, like an actual old school TAPE lol) so me and my brother could listen to the stories before we went to bed :D I like the idea of rereading the books too!
    Hannah recently posted…Macro Photography: Gettin’ Up Close and Personal with Some TreesMy Profile

Yesssss. I am so looking forward to being able to go back into this world that JK Rowling created, and to see another chapter in this story!!
    Alexa S. recently posted…Souls and Thrones • And I DarkenMy Profile