Wedding Stuff: Some of Our Out of this World Decor

I haven’t posted anything wedding related in such a long time since I was too caught up in the actual planning progress but now that Andrew and I’s big day has come and gone, I’m excited to be sharing more about it with everyone!  We haven’t gotten any of our photos back from the photographer just yet but before we packed up our decorations I snapped a few shots of our decor.  Our wedding was space themed (focusing mostly on Star Wars and Doctor Who, although we did play some Firefly during cocktail hour!).  I had such a fun time hunting all of our decorations down because theme parties are kind of my thing and we did do some other things during the reception but I’ll be getting to that in future posts :-) If you want to see even more sneak peeks, you can check out our instagram hashtag which is #WedLongAndProsper16.

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

This is one of my favorite things that I found on Etsy! I posted a photo of it the morning of our wedding since Andrew wasn’t allowed to see me until I arrived at the church.  It has the date we tied the knot and of course, the infamous Han / Leia exchange<3

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

This is a copy of our church program.  I love the design we found and how it says “it was written in the stars.”

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

I also just adored this ring box. It’s so perfect<3 And I love that it’s something that we’ll have forever to keep our rings in when we’re not wearing them at night.

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

This is my garter. I didn’t actually wear it, it was just used for photos before the ceremony.  Andrew and I decided early on that we didn’t want to do a bouquet / garter toss because most of the times we’ve seen them, they just end up being awkward.  I chose this particular garter because  it’s called Rose and the Doctor<3

Processed with VSCO with hb1 preset

Arguably, one of the most time consuming of our decorations were these Clone Trooper placecards.  I ordered about 200 LEGO Clone Troopers from eBay and each one came completely disassembled.  We spent hours building them and then cutting our placecards and hot gluing them to each trooper. I love that we had a little army set up for everyone to see when they were figuring out where to sit!  Unfortunately, I had forgotten to take a photo of them before we packed up but Betty was nice enough to let me use hers!

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

This is the craft that took me the second longest.  Originally we were just planning on using the TARDIS as our card box but we quickly realized that it was too small! I made an emergency trip to Michael’s and found a Star Wars themed box that I painted 3 coats of white and decorated with fabric roses and rhinestones for our TARDIS to sit atop.

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

We brought our own cake servers to the venue to use because this Darth Vader & Stormtrooper set were too cute to pass up.

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

This is our cake topper! This is probably my favorite of all of our decorations because it’s just so cute! R2 looks so dapper and I got to be a BB-8 bride.  They sat atop a galaxy cake which I’m hoping to have great photos of in the weeks to come!

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

For the girls bouquets, I wanted to use the closest arrangement I could find to something galaxy themed.  I went with blue amy’s, diamond dusted roses, lillies and hydrangeas.  We also chose the same flowers for our centerpieces which sat inside Death Star cookie jars.  I never thought I would order 25 Death Star cookie jars in my life and I made a point to chat with ThinkGeek while placing the order so they weren’t like what the heck is this? and didn’t fulfill it! The centerpiece photo is by Cassie!

I also ordered my bouquet off of etsy because I really wanted a brooch bouquet.  I think they’re so pretty and I love that I’ll be able to keep this one looking just as it did on my wedding for the rest of my life<3

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

For our guestbook we went with River Song’s diary and a Sonic Screwdriver pen.  We actually haven’t had the time to read through it yet but we’re planning on doing so soon!

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

This is just the cutest card ever that my coworkers gave us when they surprised me with our VIP guided tour of Harry Potter World.

And lastly, here’s a photo I really love of my Mom and I outside the church<3

20 Responses to “Wedding Stuff: Some of Our Out of this World Decor”

I 100% admit to stalking your hashtag during the wedding! The flowers look AMAZING. I mean, everything does but they are beyond beautiful.
    B recently posted…Why I Love Elhoffer DesignsMy Profile

2. I love ALL of this!! Congrats again. Everything looked amazing and you looked beautiful :)
    Lauren @ Bookmark Lit recently posted…Book and Movie Review: Me Before YouMy Profile

3. Steffi says:

This is just beautiful! I just love the bouquets and how much the exude a galaxy feel! Everything looks so wonderful! Congratulations! If more wedding were like this I probably wouldn’t feel so strange at them!
    Steffi recently posted…Macabre Monday: Fan Tan AlleyMy Profile

4. DanaSquare says:

OMG everything in this post is so amazing! Congrats on your wedding. I love that it reflected you :)
    DanaSquare recently posted…B-Fest Bloggers Brunch Panel RecapMy Profile

5. Cassie says:

You take your rings off at night? Monsters. =P
    Cassie recently posted…Hot Off the Proverbial Presses: June 6, 2016My Profile

6. I love it all! So many fantastic things, and I love that you had your wedding reflect your interests! I can’t imagine how long it took to assemble all those mini-figs. :O Love your flower choices by the way; gorgeous, just like you!
    Kay Nyman – My Open Sketchbook recently posted…The Inaugural FriendcationMy Profile

7. You are so beautiful! Congratulations on your marriage! :) Also I love your Tardis box and your garter! I also don’t want to do that for my wedding because I agree it seems awkward. You are my inspiration for designing a geek themed wedding!
    Mariah Kaercher recently posted…5 Fandoms That Aren’t My ThingMy Profile

I love all of your wedding stuff! It’s so you and so wonderful!
    Sara Strauss recently posted…Lusting: Metallic SandalsMy Profile

Oh my gosh everything is just so cute and adorable definitely giving me some inspo should I ever get married, CONGRATULATIONS by the way it already looks like it was such a magical day xoxo
    Cate recently posted…FYeahJapan: Chasing Cats at Fushimi Inari-TaishaMy Profile

10. This all looks so absolutely perfect! I can’t wait to see more photos on here :) Congratulations!
    Danielle @ From Girlie to Nerdy recently posted…MegaCon 2016 Tips to Survive Your First ConMy Profile

11. Desiree says:

Congrstulations!! I love it all! Everything ties in nicely. Your bouquet is amazing.
    Desiree recently posted…PlayStation E3 StreamMy Profile

12. Liana Kangas says:

You looked gorgeous! I can’t believe you pulled off this many crafts for the wedding! Holy smokes!!!!! Perfectly geeky. <3

13. LOVE LOVE LOVE. This is so great, Kristin – it’s so awesome that you and Andrew have this shared love of Star Wars and Doctor Who – and you made it part of your wedding! You look gorgeous and so does everything. I’m going to stalk your hashtag now. Best wishes to you guys!
    Tiff @ Mostly YA Lit recently posted…10 YA Books That Promote LGBTQ, Diversity & Compassion | Top Ten TuesdayMy Profile

Such a fun day :) So happy we were able to celebrate with you guys and how very “you” it was! That photo of you and your mom is so perfect. I love it!
    Rachel recently posted…Peanuts Customizable Art Prints + GiveawayMy Profile

Congratulations again to you and Andrew! I’m still so giddy with joy for you both. I really think your decorations were WONDERFUL. I can’t wait to see more photos!!
    Alexa S. recently posted…Souls and Thrones • And I DarkenMy Profile

16. Mandy says:

Congrats to you both! And I love all of these details. It’s so much fun to make a wedding really fit with the personalities of the people getting married; we had a mini Leia and Han (in Carbonite) as our cake toppers. :)
    Mandy recently posted…Happy Captain Picard Day!My Profile