Book Look OOTD: Tiny Pretty Things

Last week I devoured my copy of Tiny Pretty Things by Sonia Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton and I completely loved everything about it.  (You can read my full review here.)  I’ve been wanting to do outfit posts inspired by books for a while but now that my bookshelves are finally up and running, I feel like I have the background I envisioned and so my “book looks” outfits are commencing! Tiny Pretty Things is about a bunch of cutthroat ballerinas and if you were anywhere near as obsessed with Center Stage as I was in your teenage years, I have no doubt that you’ll also love this book.  I cannot stress how much I truly enjoyed the story, loving and loving to hate the characters, theorizing about the ending and now I’m left dying for it’s sequel Shiny Broken Pieces which comes out  on July 12th!

IMG_0094_600px

IMG_0112_600px

IMG_0132_600px

IMG_0097_600px

IMG_0129_600px

IMG_0146_600px

Black Swan meets Pretty Little Liars in this soapy, drama-packed novel featuring diverse characters who will do anything to be the prima at their elite ballet school.

Gigi, Bette, and June, three top students at an exclusive Manhattan ballet school, have seen their fair share of drama. Free-spirited new girl Gigi just wants to dance—but the very act might kill her. Privileged New Yorker Bette’s desire to escape the shadow of her ballet star sister brings out a dangerous edge in her. And perfectionist June needs to land a lead role this year or her controlling mother will put an end to her dancing dreams forever. When every dancer is both friend and foe, the girls will sacrifice, manipulate, and backstab to be the best of the best. (via Goodreads)

Outfit Deatails: Shirt (ModCloth)  |  Cardigan (ModCloth)  |  Necklace (ModCloth – N/A)

Leggings (BlackMilk)  |  Shoes (Melissa – similar)  |  Hairbow (Forever 21 – similar)

Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ YouTube ♥ Goodreads ♥ Pinterest

IMG_4762.PNG

14 Responses to “Book Look OOTD: Tiny Pretty Things”

1. Emma says:

Major bookcase envy going on right now! I also really love your shirt. I’m not a pink person, but the design is pretty fricken awesome!

This is definitely an outfit I would wear, even if it involves pink! ;)

You look so beautiful! <3
    Alice recently posted…Exploring My Bookshelves | ParodyMy Profile

3. Cassie says:

Love the asymmetrical shirt! Also, I am a huge fan of the Melissa shoes even though they make my feet crazy sweaty.
    Cassie recently posted…My Year in Reading: Cassie-la’s March 2016 Wrap UpMy Profile

4. I really love your outfit! I love the pink shirt with the longer edge and buttons. Thank you for sharing, I’m looking forward to your book inpsired outfits! Thanks for leaving links to the items too … I’m about to go check out that ModCloth shirt … <3

I loooove this and your bookshelves are like bookshelf goals. The pink is just so pretty on you, and I love the asymmetry of the top and the super cuteness of the shoes (those bows)!

Book looks are actually the general theme of my new bookstagram account (threadedpages), so this is so up my alley. I’m excited to see more from you! :D
    Alice recently posted…How Nerds Travel (Pt 1) – PreparationsMy Profile

6. I love these pictures! Great job!
    Kristyn @ Reading to Unwind recently posted…March Wrap-Up and April TBRMy Profile

7. Ari Carr says:

That book sounds rad and I love your outfit!
    Ari Carr recently posted…Currently… April EditionMy Profile

Yay! I love this, especially because I (very occasionally) do something similar to this ;)
    Alexa S. recently posted…The Lies We Believe • Walk the Edge (+ Giveaway)My Profile

Love the outfit! And your bookshelves look amazing! I love all of the color :)
    Rachel recently posted…Fun Findings Friday #157My Profile

10. Sara S says:

So cute! I love that pink asymmetrical top and the pretty book cover!
    Sara S recently posted…Watch | Read | Listen {April 2016}My Profile

11. Rosa says:

Your bookshelves are so, so beautiful! It’s like a magical book rainbow!
    Rosa recently posted…Vlog: The Social Media Book TagMy Profile

12. Your bookcase is beyond amazing and I LOVE the outfit :)
    Danielle @ From Girlie to Nerdy recently posted…Fandom of the Month Club March 2016 UnboxingMy Profile

13. Love your outfit! The design of that shirt is so great – and your shoes! So cute.
    Kay Nyman – My Open Sketchbook recently posted…April GoalsMy Profile

14. […] duology.  I basically inhaled the first book earlier this year (it’s the first book I did outfit of the day photos for, I reviewed it AND most recently, I included it in my Top 5 Books I Read this Spring video) […]