‘Tis the Season: Favorite Christmas Films

I absolutely adore devoting some cold nights of the holiday season to watching my favorite Christmas films from my childhood and watching some new ones in the hopes of finding more favorites.  I compiled a list of the ones I make sure to watch every year along with two new ones I’m hoping to see before the big day.  The first is called The Christmas Dragon and it looks so ridiculous in the best way.  I watched the trailer and it focuses on woodland elves who are trying to save Christmas, evade goblins and they happen upon an iridescent dragon who they befriend and manage to use to fly Santa’s sleigh.  It’s free to watch on Amazon Prime if you’re also interested.  The second is Nativity! and it’s described as an improvised comedy that centers around a school nativity play.  The major selling point on this one is that it stars Martin Freeman!  What are some of your favorite holiday flicks?

xmas1 xmas2 xmas3 xmas4 xmas5

11 Responses to “‘Tis the Season: Favorite Christmas Films”

1. Melissa says:

I have NEVER heard of The Christmas Dragon, but I’m very intrigued. I love Elf, Muppet’s Christmas Carol, and Nativity! too! They’re all so good.

2. Home Alone will probably ALWAYS be my fav Christmas movie. There’s really nothing better than Kevin talking to himself in the bathroom mirror, or that whole party he set up to make the thieves think people were home. The Muppet Christmas Carol is my fav Christmas Carol adaptation for sure!! And my other ones are: Bad Santa, Love Actually, and The Nightmare Before Christmas :)
    Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books recently posted…Share the Love Friday (1)My Profile

I was debating including Nightmare Before Christmas but for some reason I count it more as a Halloween movie! I LOVE that scene where Kevin tries to make it look like people are home. My fiancé and I talked about trying to recreate at his house yesterday!!!

The Christmas Dragon actually sounds pretty darn awesome! Apart from that, there are so many of my favorites on here – How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Elf, Home Alone, A Charlie Brown Christmas! Yay for holiday films.
    Alexa S. recently posted…Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge 2016My Profile

4. Rudolph is my all time favorite, but most of these are on my must watch list every year :) Willhave to check out the others I haven’t heard of.
    Danielle @ From Girlie to Nerdy recently posted…Weekend Recap: Anniversary Fun and Jordandené OOTDMy Profile

5. I am definitely gonna have to check out Nativity! Looks like a fun one!
    Kendall Ashley recently posted…5 Fandom Friday: Holiday Charity Wish ListMy Profile

Christmas Vacation is absolutely my favorite Christmas movie. It’s a family tradition to watch it while we decorate the tree or at Christmas Eve :)
    Alice recently posted…December Daily 2015 | Week 2My Profile

7. Fangirls says:

Surviving Christmas starring Ben Affleck is by far my favorite!!! Also love White Christmas!

The Christmas Dragon and Nativity are totally new to me. I need to check them out! You’re just missing Love Actually from this list!!
    Rachel recently posted…Christmas Cheer with Peanuts + TelefloraMy Profile