October 6 on 6: Orange

This is the first month I’m taking part in 6 on 6 which was created by Scruffy Little Nerf Herder.  Basically, you’re encouraged to take 6 geek themed photos and post them on the 6th of each month.  Each month is assigned a different color and fittingly enough, October is orange.  I’m kind of shocked to see just how little I own that’s actually orange but I’m really pleased with what I came up with!

Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 8.45.48 PM

IMG_3602

Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 8.45.11 PM

Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 8.46.21 PM

IMG_3603

Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 8.45.28 PM

1. Smaug + Fantasy – I love my Smaug Funko! He’s taller than a giant stack of thick fantasy books which is pretty cool IMO.  This photo shows some of my fantasy favorites and one (well, three because it’s a bind up) that I’m really hoping to get to soon, The Sword of Shannara series by Terry Brooks.  The MTV show looks incredible and I really want to read it before it premieres early next year!
  2. Currently Reading – I’m currently reading the 4th and final volume of Matt Fraction and David Aja’s Hawkeye which I was so sad to see come to an end.  I really love Jeff Lemire but I haven’t picked up his reboot just yet.  I’m also really addicted to Ranma 1 / 2 lately! I love that they’re reprinting the original in such a pretty new collection.  The 3rd volume is pictured and I’m pretty in love with the cover.
  3. Pumpkins! – These are from a recent trip to Trader Joe’s to stock up on all of the pumpkiny goodness I could find but I’m going pumpkin and apple picking this coming weekend so looking that them is getting me even more into the spirit of Fall!
  4. Halloween Mickey Jewelry – When I saw this beautiful set from FemmeDeBloom on Etsy, I knew I had to have it.  Disney and Halloween are two of the best things so combined, it makes me so happy.  Plus, it’s really reasonably priced for a set that includes a necklace and earrings.
  5. Compilation of Orange Things – As I mentioned,  I seem to be lacking things in the orange department so I started by grabbing some ginger Funko’s as a starting point, added my PSL #OrangeSleeveSociety cozy that Megan tweeted to me, a pair of pumpkin earrings I got on Etsy some time two years ago and my favorite pumpkin tea plus a pumpkin pie candle from Bath and Body Works.
  6. BB-8 – I preordered my Sphero BB-8 from ThinkGeek on Force Friday but I am still awaiting his arrival to my home so I visited one in the Disney Store in the meantime.  He wasn’t for sale, otherwise I would’ve cancelled my preorder and picked him up on the spot!

Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ YouTube ♥ Goodreads ♥ Pinterest

Kristin

12 Responses to “October 6 on 6: Orange”

I think you did a great job with the color scheme and with the photos!
    B recently posted…At The Movies: The MartianMy Profile

2. […] Nerdy World | Ravalation | Super Space Chick | Jennibearrxo | Nerdy […]

3. Emma says:

I didn’t realise The Sword of Shannara series was becoming a TV show – now I definitely need to get my skates on a read them. And I am so unbelievably jealous you’re getting a BB-8! Great pictures <3

OMG BB-8!!! I love these photos, I have a Golden Smaug funko and I love him so much it’s one of my favourites they’ve ever made. I keep forgetting to do 6-on-6 so I’ll have to make a note of it for next month xoxo
    Cate recently posted…Inside the Memory Palace of Hannibal Lecter (Capella Palatina)My Profile

5. Kay Nyman says:

Excellent photos! Love that HP print!
    Kay Nyman recently posted…Random Act of Fandom: Ghibli Box!My Profile

6. Mandy says:

For not thinking you had a lot of orange, you found quite a bit for these photos! Lovely collection, and I hope you get your BB-8 soon!
    Mandy recently posted…6 on 6 | OctoberMy Profile

7. Ashlee says:

That pumpkin Mickey necklace is adorable! I hope you love the Shannara Trilogy! It’s pretty amazing.
    Ashlee recently posted…6 on 6: OctoberMy Profile

I love your photos! I hope BB comes home soon! It seems like so long ago that you said you pre-ordered him!
    Alice recently posted…5 Fandom Friday (23)My Profile

I barely own anything that’s orange because it’s my least favorite color, but I love what you came up with! It’s so cheery and perfect for fall!
    Sara Strauss recently posted…Outfit: Olive + Neon YellowMy Profile

10. Eek I want a BB8 so bad :) Love that Mickey necklace – her shop is awesome!
    Danielle @ From Girlie to Nerdy recently posted…A Very Merry Birthday to You – Alice in Wonderland 150th BirthdayMy Profile

11. Pepi says:

OMG I LOVE THIS LIST SO BAD!!! Everything looks cool! Hawkeye, Ranma 1/2, the mickey necklace…. everything!!!!!
    Pepi recently posted…Things I love LOKIsday Vol. 1My Profile

12. […] is the second month that I’m participating in 6 on 6 (the first time was back in October) which is a monthly photo challenge created by Scruffy Little Nerf Herder.  The goal is to take […]