I saw this post that Ari published on her blog, Comics and Cookies and I loved it so I decided to post one of my own! I always love reading personal tidbits about the bloggers I read and I thought it would be a great way to share some of the things about myself that I don’t always talk about because they’re just such a part of me that I don’t really think about them!
I nominate Megan from The Nerdy Girlie, Melissa at Melificent, Kristin from My Life as a Teacup, Nina at Le Fancy Geek, Sara at Sincerely Sara, Jess from Bookworms in Dresses and anyone else who wants to share their own answers!
Four places I’ve lived:
- Long Island – I grew up here and now I’m back! I think I always kind of took the Island for granted but now that I’ve been away for a while, I really appreciate all the wonderful things and small joys my little hometown has to offer.
- New York City – I went to the Fashion Institute of Technology for college and lived in the dorms on 31st between 9th and 10th Avenue. The area was still up and coming at the time but now there’s a eve a Dunkin Donuts on the corner!
- Los Angeles – This is my least favorite place that I’ve lived. I was only there for a couple of months during the filming of the TV show I was on and I barely had any freedom to explore which I think took away from the overall experience. Maybe I would view it differently if it hadn’t been a whole big production just to do a simple task like go to the grocery store but for now I’m pretty content to stay on the East Coast instead of going back for an opinion change.
- Brooklyn – I’ll just leave these here and here.
Four jobs I’ve had:
- Intern at Seventeen Magazine – I got to attend fashion shows during NY Fashion Week, intern under Atoosa (who got fired the day after my internship ended – I’m probably dating myself here), maintain “the closet” and help out photographers on shoots for the magazine all inside the beautiful Hearst building which you may recognize as OsCorp in the last two Amazing Spider-Man films.
- Ticket seller at a local movie theater – This is still by far the best job I’ve ever had (and also the first). My entire group of friends worked at the local movie theater during high school and we would hang out there even when we were off. Other perks included free movies and unlimited popcorn!
- Intern for Stan Lee’s Comikaze / Cast member on Fangasm – This is the job I moved to LA for. It was really fascinating learning all about what goes in to planning a convention and seeing the business side of comics. I got to do some really amazing things like pitching an original comic idea to Stan Lee, interviewing Adrianne Curry (the first winner of American Idol) and oh yeah, there was that time that George Takei appeared in my living room.
- Video Hostess for Midtown Comics – I got to unbox toys and stuff for my favorite comic book store in NYC<3 I wish this had lasted longer but unfortunately I had to leave to go to LA!
Four things I don’t eat
- Meat / Fish – It will be 6 years in November since I’ve eaten a piece of meat! That’s so crazy to me!
- Pasta – I’ve never liked it! It’s so doughy and I would always feel hungry again so soon so I decided to give it up back in middle school. I’ll have it every once in a while if there’s no other option (see: the vegetarian option at most weddings) but it’s always begrudgingly!
- Italian Food – 1. See pasta. 2. The only other option is usually eggplant which I also don’t like. The only exception to the Italian food rule is pizza because obviously and I don’t even count that as actual Italian food.
- Marshmallows – This goes along with vegetarianism. I don’t eat gelatin and sadly, marshmallows are made with it. I’ve tasted vegan marshmallows but they were pretty gross so I just steer clear!
Four of my favorite foods
- Pizza – No explanation needed. I live in NY and we have the greatest pizza on Earth! As soon as I fly home from anywhere, the first meal I always eat is pizza.
- Sushi – I love my cucumber and avocado rolls! Also Harumaki with mango chili sauce is totally my jam. Plus that ginger dressing on the salads is delicious.
- Dessert (Cupcakes / Ice Cream / Macarons) – I have the biggest sweet tooth and if it were acceptable to subsist on cupcakes alone, I would absolutely do it. Whether it’s summer or winter, I can ALWAYS go for a pint of Ben & Jerry’s although summer is great time to indulge in waffle cones<3 And macarons are just the sweetest little treat.
- Mexican Food – Cheese quesadillas, veggie quesadillas, guac, huevos rancheros and these delicious black bean and cheese taquitos from Trader Joe’s are some of my favorite things. Sometimes Andrew and I have veggie taco night multiple times per week!
Four films I’ve watched more than once
- Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back – I can’t wait for the new film! I hope I love it as much as the original trilogy!
- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring – While my favorite film is actually The Two Towers, I always end up watching Fellowship the most because it’s the beginning and I just love how much Gandalf there is<3
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – This will always be my favorite HP film because of the Marauders.
- The Avengers – Here’s an entire post about The Avengers will always hold a special place in my heart.
Four TV Shows I watch
- Pushing Daises – This show is stunningly beautiful. I can just watch it over and over and over.
- The IT Crowd – This is my favorite comedy television series of all time. I made Andrew watch it a few weeks after we started dating and thankfully, he loved it too!
- Doctor Who – There are just some go to episodes that I watch time and time again. How could anyone not love a time traveling Doctor in a TARDIS?
- Pretty Little Liars – I am addicted and I cannot help myself. The show has gotten insane but I’m still watching every week. PLEASE TELL ME WHO A IS ALREADY SO I CAN BE FREEEEEE.
Four things I’m looking forward to this year
- My birthday (which is on Thursday)! Andrew is taking me to see Finding Neverland on Broadway and I am the most excited!
- As I previously mentioned, I’m pretty stoked for Star Wars: The Force Awakens!
- Getting engaged! – This is honestly what I’m most excited for! Andrew and I talk about everything and we’re totally on the same page with things so I know it’s happening this year, I just don’t know when. I can’t wait to spend my happily ever after with the man of my dreams<3
- Christmas – Always! (In case you weren’t aware, Christmas season begins on July 24th – the day after my birthday.)
Four things I can’t live without
- Treinta unsweetened green iced teas from Starbucks – This is basically my lifeblood.
- Books – I’ve always been a huge bookworm since the good ole days of Goosebumps and I’m so happy I’ve never fell out of the habit of reading. It’s always been an experience that I genuinely enjoy and it feeds my imagination.
- Friends and family – Life would be nothing without wonderful people to share it with<3
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter & Disney World – These are my happy places.
Four things about Andrew
- He is the kindest and most affectionate person ever and he has the biggest heart<3
- Andrew’s spirit Pokemon is Snorlax. He really loves sleep!
- I love how deeply Andrew immerses himself in whatever he’s doing. He’s extremely creative and his mind is an incredible place. He definitely has an overactive imagination and it’s super entertaining.
- Andrew has had a man crush on Brandon Ruth ever since he watched Scott Pilgrim with commentary and found out that he actually read the whole series. Seeing him on Arrow this season has been a real treat!
Four places I’ve visited
- Neuschwanstein Castle – Austria – This is the castle that inspired the castle in Sleeping Beauty. It was gorgeous in real life and I’m so happy to be able to say that I’ve been there.
- Marienplatz Glockenspiel – Germany – This was such an interesting show to watch!
- Graceland – Nashville, TN – My parents took our family to Tennessee and we did a tour of Elvis’ mansion when I was in high school.
- Niagara Falls – Ontario – Simply a breathtaking sight to have taken in.
Four pet peeves
- When people aren’t paying attention to when it’s their turn during a game (I’m rly competitive)
- People dilly dallying in the streets of NYC when I’m trying to catch a train (Also groups of people who spread out their group across the entire sidewalk so no one can walk past them).
- People tying wet shoelaces – This is my “nails on a chalkboard” thing
- My best friends often send me photos of Furbies because they know how much they scare me.
Four things I wish I could do
- Bake macarons – One day I will take a class and be able to do it!
- Speak Japanese fluently – I really want to visit and it would make it so much easier if I could communicate with the people who live there since directions are not my strong suit.
- Time travel! (No one said this *had* to be practical right?)
- Run a marathon – I’ve always HATED running and I really wish I could train to run a marathon but I just get SO bored running. So many people are so into it and I think that’s great but it’s just never been for me.
Four subjects I studied at school
- Fashion Art – This was a college elective and it was really fun!
- Philosophy – I’ve always found this to be so interesting.
- English – Obviously a favorite as I love reading!
- Biology – I’ve taken so many Bio courses. I was in advanced classes in high school and I was able to take AP Bio which I thought was fascinating!
Four things near me right now
- My iPhone dressed in it’s Sailor Moon case
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson – I started this on the train and I love it to pieces<3
- Puppycat talking plush. I’m blogging from bed :-)
- My green LEGO alarm clock.
Thanks for reading! Leave a link to your post if you’ve done one or chose to do one in the future!