As soon as my college years ended and I quit drinking coffee, I formed a strong addiction to tea. It is by far my favorite thing to drink and I consume countless cups on a daily basis. I love branching out and trying new flavors but since I still need to invest in a steeper for my new apartment, I haven’t been drinking many loose leaf teas as of late. My signature drink is a treinta unsweetened iced green tea from Starbucks but for the purpose of this post and due to the never ending winter I’m going to stick to hot teas. Here are my favorites!
1) Tazo Zen Tea – Zen tea is a delicious blend of green tea, lemongrass and a hint of spearmint. It’s my current favorite tea and since it’s always stocked in my office, I definitely drink it more than all others!
2) Tazo Chai Tea – Chai tea is such a delight! I drink this when I’m really craving a high dose of caffeine. It’s a mix of black tea, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper and spices. The spicier, the better!
3) Yogi Kombucha Green Tea – I recently saw what kombucha looks like in a Buzzfeed post and it is just so delicious that the horrifying photos do not even deter me from drinking this in the slightest. Proceed with caution if curiosity gets the best of you!
4) Tazo Earl Grey Tea – Mmm just thinking about the citrusy bergamot oil used in this black tea is giving me a craving. Earl Grey is also made with lavender essence. In fact, I think I’ll go grab some right now…
5) Trader Joe’s Organic Cranberry Green Tea – This is my favorite tea of all time and SADLY it was discontinued a few years ago. I was actually in tears when I heard it would no longer be available. Every sip is like a tangible perfection in your mouth. It’s on the sweeter side and I would guzzle this tea like it were going out of style (little did I know, it would). Every once in a while I’ll find an errant tea bag in one of my old purses and it elates me beyond belief. I’m so hesitant to try other Trader Joe’s teas after the discontinuation of this tea scarred me for life.