5 Fandom Friday: The Albums That Made Me Fall In Love With Music In High School

I’ve always enjoyed music very much but it wasn’t until high school and the days of Napster and Lime Wire that I truly fell in love with it.  Through these new sites I was able to discover new bands and listen to music other than what was on the radio or MTV (you know, when MTV still played music videos) or the CDs my parents owned.  I felt like I had found music that was all mine.  My friend Lauren and I would burn CDs together and just hang out and listen to music for HOURS.  It was awesome.  I would create my own fonts and draw full pages of lyrics in shapes of hearts and balloons and such while I probably should’ve been paying attention in class.  This is the music that got me to start regularly attending and enjoying shows.  While my tastes have certainly refined since the good ole days of high school, I can still sing the lyrics to every song on every album I mention below.  Actually, I’m getting pretty nostalgic just listening to all these songs now<3  Oops, my 5 Fandom Friday is mega-sized this week.  I just couldn’t cut it down, so happy 12 fandom Friday!

The Starting Line: Say it Like You Mean It – Favorite song: Best of Me

Saves the Day: Stay What You Are – Favorite Song: At Your Funeral

Taking Back Sunday: Tell All Your Friends – Favorite Songs: Cute Without the ‘e’ (Cut From the Team), You’re So Last Summer

Brand New: Your Favorite Weapon Jude Law and a Semester Abroad, Seventy Times 7, Soco Amaretto Lime

Brand New: Déjà EntenduSic Transit Gloria… Glory Fades, The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows, Guernica

Fall Out Boy: Take This To Your Grave – Favorite Songs: Dead on Arrival, Grand Theft Autumn/Where is Your Boy, Chicago is so Two Years Ago

Fall Out Boy: From Under The Cork Tree – Favorite Songs: Of All the Gin Joints in the World, Dance Dance, A Little Less Sixteen Candles A Little More Touch Me

Something Corporate: Leaving Through the Window – Favorite Songs: Punk Rock Princess, I Want To Save You, Fall, Drunk Girl

Something Corporate: North – Favorite Songs: As Your Sleep, Space

Panic at the Disco!: A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out – Favorite Songs: There’s a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven’t Thought of it Yet, Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Off Her Clothes, Build God Then We’ll Talk

Motion City Soundtrack: Commit This to Memory – Favorite Songs: Attractive Today, Everything is Alright, Make Out Kids, L.G. FUAD

The All-American Rejects (Self Titled) – Favorite Songs: Swing, Swing, My Paper Heart

Loading InLinkz ...

PAST & UPCOMING TOPICS

Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 7.50.41 AM
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 7.50.41 AM
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 7.50.41 AM
January 23rd – Songs That Changed My Life
January 30th – Favorite Fandom Accessories I Own
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 7.50.41 AM
February 6th – Favorite Funko Pop Figures
February 13th – Favorite Fictional Couples I Ship (Valentine’s Day)
February 20th – Things I’ve Bought But Haven’t Read/Watched/Played Yet
February 27th – Characters I Would Name My Kids After
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 7.50.41 AM
March 6th – Favorite Snacks/Drinks To Consume While Blogging
March 13th – My Fictional BFF’s
March 20th – My Comfort Films

March 27th – One Fandom Item Styled Five Different Ways

18 Responses to “5 Fandom Friday: The Albums That Made Me Fall In Love With Music In High School”

I love seeing all the different musical tastes everyone has! And the different ways people are putting these posts together (videos, concert photos, album covers…)

2. Some very good albums listed here! the Fall Out boy and Taking Back Sunday albums have to be my favourites though!

3. Megan says:

OK GIRL! THIS is why I love you! We were meant to be!!! TSL was MY band all through out college. I saw them multiple times! I was hard core pop punk girl back in those days!!

Taking Back Sunday, I had their poster in my college dorm room, FOB, saw them in concert WITH Panic! At The Disco!

All American Rejects, I LOVE that album and have gotten back into playing Rock Band…Dirty Little Secret is my FAVORITE one to play! xx

No wonder we get along so well! I was such a pop punk fiend in high school! We need to plan a trip to each other’s coasts and go to a show together!!!

4. Katya Owu says:

Omg, Fall Out Boy, Panic!, The Starting Line, All American Rejects.. this list is perfect! <3 :D

5. Gaby says:

I remember ALL of these bands/albums when I was in high school! They were my friend’s favorites and she let me borrow them. I recently “rediscovered” that All American Rejects one and I love it more now than I did then!

-Gaby/whimsyandnoir

6. Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Panic! At The Disco? Oh man, this list is stuffed with great bands I loved in high school and still really love. Good stuff.

OMG, THE NOSTALGIA! I was kind of obsessed with those All American Rejects songs! Paper Heart? <3

8. Erin Radler says:

Oh man these took me back! I’ve weirdly been hearing a lot of Panic! At the Disco lately on the radio. *Queue Robin Williams meme* “WHAT YEAR IS IT?!”

9. Ari Carr says:

Oh my gosh, great list! We have a hugely similar taste in music. I’m a Fall Out Boy fangirl too!

10. Joie Fatale says:

LOVE these link ups!
    And Save The Day’s At Your Funeral is such a great song! (I love how the first albums cover takes me back to the late-90’s/early-00’s)

11. Taking Back Sunday and All-American Rejects! Love those bands. Fabulous list : )

12. Kim says:

Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, and All American Rejects were totally my obsessions in my first couple years of college. And even since then I still buy their new albums lol. I’ve seen FOB live like 5 times, AAR twice, and P!@TD once! :D Oh and I’ve seen Taking Back Sunday once, and Motion City Soundtrack once!

13. Desiree says:

oh my gosh Lime Wire and Napster!! Those were the days. So much music at your fingertips. Brand New is a group that’s been recommended to me before but for whatever reason I’ve put off. Think I might give them a go.

14. […] Things About Winter January 16th – Conventions I’ve Been To Or Wish To Attend January 23rd – Songs That Changed My Life January 30th – Favorite Fandom Accessories I Own February 6th – Favorite Funko Pop Figures […]

15. […] Things About Winter January 16th – Conventions I’ve Been To Or Wish To Attend January 23rd – Songs That Changed My Life January 30th – Favorite Fandom Accessories I Own February 6th – Favorite Funko Pop Figures […]