Besides the freezing cold weather which in NYC is so raw that it often makes my face and hands hurt, there are a lot things I really do enjoy about winter. It’s actually really appropriate that I’m writing this post today because as I sit here in my Batgirl pajama pants and fox slippers I’m admiring snow falling outside my window. If only I didn’t have to get dressed and venture outside for work! Anyway, here are my favorite things about winter!
1) CHRISTMAS – Christmas is my favorite holiday. I’ve often talked about how I consider the Christmas season to start the day after July 23rd (my birthday) but it’s late fall / early winter before other people really start getting into it too. I love having days off from work and spending time with my family and everything else that goes along with this wonderful holiday!
2) Drinking All the Tea – I am a complete tea addict. It even says so on all of my social media profiles but I definitely consume the most of my favorite beverage during the winter months. I’m very fond of my caffeinated teas (green and chai being my favorite), but during the winter I’ll sometimes end up drinking a decaf flavor (gasp!) in an effort to stay warm.
3) Snuggling Under Blankets With a Good Book – As I mentioned above, it can get very cold here in NYC (not as cold as it does in Canada, I have no idea how anyone survives winters there) so much of January-February-March is spent inside under as many blankets as I can find. The cold weather is the PERFECT excuse to stay in and read. Being an introvert, I’d chose staying in and reading about my fictional friends over going out any day of the week.
4) Sweaters, Boots & Scarves – Let’s face it, winter is great time for wardrobes. I love layering tops and feeling cozy in big sweaters and scarves. I live in boots throughout the winter months and while I don’t enjoy being cold, I definitely enjoy purchasing clothing to wear in the cold.
5) Snow! – Now that I’ve moved to NYC and I no longer have to drive anywhere ever, I have a new appreciation for snow! It’s still no picnic to walk around in it, but it is pretty to look at. It looks especially gorgeous floating down with all the buildings and Central Park in the background. It’s almost like being inside of a snow globe. (It even happens to be snowing outside as I write this very post!)