I am so pleased that 5 Fandom Friday is still alive and kicking and we’re starting off 2015 with a new post about our fandom resolutions! I feel like I’ve been writing best of and resolution lists for days now but this one was a lot of fun to think about. Megan and I also have a special treat at the end of our posts today, which is the 5 Fandom Friday topics for February and March!! I hope everyone is enjoying our topics and will continue to participate through 2015.
1) Re-read all of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings – I briefly touched upon my intention to re-read more books I enjoy in my 2015 resolutions post but more specifically, this is going to be the year I re-read Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. I have re-read Harry Potter more times than I can count as a child and it was always so enjoyable to do so that I want to make the time to experience them again this year. In April, Andrew and I are going to Lincoln Center to see all three Lord of the Rings films with the music performed by a live orchestra so I think a re-read is the perfect way to get excited for it!
2) Play more Board Games – I have always been interested in learning and playing board games but I never had anyone who wanted to play with me. Luckily, my boyfriend is rather into games and he and his friends love planning board game nights. I’ve already learned and played more games in the past year than I have, well, ever, but I want to continue to see what else is out there and working on my strategic skills.
3) Go to more Conventions – I went to SO many conventions between 2012-2013 and in 2014 I was a huge con slacker. It was partially because of moving and starting a new job (read: moving costs and no vacation time), but now that I’m settled I’m really looking forward to planning a trip. Even though I’ve been to Orlando a ton of times, I would love to go back with Andrew so we can see the new Diagon Alley expansion at Universal and enjoy fireworks at Disney together and such (and visit Kristin!). So maybe we’ll plan for a MegaCon/Harry Potter World/Disney trip in the near future? I would also love to attend ECCC, C2E2 (for the second time), and Baltimore Comic Con (because it’s my FAVORITE).
4) Cosplay – There are two characters that I am dying to cosplay and both will involve A LOT of work and preparation. I hate revealing my cosplays until right before the convention or the actual day of, so I’m not going to list them here but man I am really hoping I can make these two happen. My favorite cosplay of 2014 was the Kiki’s Delivery Service characters that Andrew and I did together at NYCC.
5) Hang my art prints – Another side effect of moving is that I haven’t had the chance to determine which art prints I want to hang on my walls yet. I loved my old setup at my parents house, but I think want to be more adult and get some of the really special ones framed before I hang them. I’ve acquired quite the collection of prints throughout the years and for the pieces I don’t choose to hang, I’ve been meaning to buy these portfolios that Amy suggested to me one Skype date ago so I can browse through and appreciate what I own instead of having it all sit in a plastic sleeve in my closet.