Christmas is my FAVORITE time of the year. In fact, I attempt to celebrate Christmas for about 5 months of the year (as soon as my birthday is over on July 23rd, it’s officially Christmas season in my heart), but sadly, there are many people who do not share my enthusiasm and they try to break my spirit by reminding me of Halloween and Thanksgiving and yada yada yada. Now that it’s December and my attempts to spread holiday cheer are met more kindly, Megan and I decided to include our favorite holiday songs as the 5 Fandom Friday topic of the week. Because as a wise man (Buddy the Elf) once said, “the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!”
1) Baby it’s Cold Outside by She & Him – I absolutely ADORE this song. I know all the words because I’ve listened to it on repeat since the She & Him Christmas album debuted. Fun fact: one of my coworkers even called me out for blasting it too loudly in my car one morning when I was arriving. I especially LOVE the animated video they released to go along with the song. It’s so whimsical and Christmasy!
2) The Entire Beach Boys Christmas Album – I have SUCH fond memories of decorating my Christmas tree and having a sing-along to this album with my family. Many of the tracks are unique and non-traditional tunes written and performed by the Beach Boys and I LOVE THEM ALL. My two album favorites are ‘Little Saint Nick’ and ‘The Man With All the Toys.’
3) Christmas Unicorn by Sufjan Stevens – The title of this song is CHRISTMAS UNICORN and it’s performed by Sufjan Stevens. Enough said.
4) Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas Album – This is another album that was always in the Christmas decorating rotation in my family. I love how Alvin never seems to pay attention when they’re supposed to be signing. I think many people may find their voices slightly annoying but I just loved growing up hearing their songs and hearing Alvin get yelled at by his dad that I had to include it on my list!
5) All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey – When I was in high school, my best friend Amanda and I used to drive around aimlessly with no destination in mind and BLAST this song. Even if it wasn’t anywhere near Christmas season, it was always a song we could agree on and it’s SO much fun to belt out at the top of your lungs!
6) The Christmas Song by Idina Menzel – This song is an honorable mention since Idina Menzel’s Christmas album just came out and I don’t have any memories to share about it just yet. But OMG Idina’s voice is always so so beautiful<3
What are your favorite holiday songs? Don’t forget to add your link to the collection below!