5 Fandom Friday: Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better

This week’s 5 Fandom Friday topic is “Comfort Foods that Always Make Me Feel Better.”  In a surprise to no one, my list includes some of my favorite desserts- cupcakes and ice cream, and my two biggest comfort meal foods- pizza and bagels (but, very importantly, only from New York).  If this were a favorite foods list, sushi would be in there somewhere too.

1) New York Bagels – I remember being in elementary school and counting down the days each week until it would finally be Wednesday and I could finally enjoy a bagel.  I don’t eat them as often as I used to (which is a shame since I’m now living and working in NYC, the bagel capital of the world)
2) Starbucks Zen Tazo Tea – My body basically runs on Zen Tazo tea.  I have about 3-4 20oz cups of it each day at work and sometimes I’ll even spring for an additional cup at night.  I like that the Zen tea isn’t a straight green tea.  It blends lemongrass, and spearmint as well which makes for an irresistible flavor.
3) Ben & Jerry’s Cinnamon Buns or Candy Bar Pie – The Ben & Jerry’s Candy Bar Pie is a recent addition to my list but it is seriously the PERFECT ice cream.  It’s the exact right combination of sweet and salty and I could eat container after container.  I particularly love enjoying it while watching Netflix so it’s kind of a double comfort food.  Cinnamon Buns has always been one of my favorite flavors Ben & Jerry’s consistently produces.  It has cinnamon bun dough chunks, and a cinnamon swirl all mixed in with caramel flavored ice cream.  Delish!
4) Cupcakes – Also living in NYC, I have a pretty wide selection of bakeries to buy cupcakes from when the craving strikes.  If I’m in the mood for something small and sweet I would head to Baked by Melissa for chocolate peanut butter cupcakes.  If I want a flavorful full sized treat, my first instinct is to head to SoHo for Georgetown Cupcakes.  I especially love their Key Lime flavor.  And lastly, if I want a classic vanilla cupcake, I’ll hit up Magnolia for buttercream goodness.
5) New York Pizza – The first thing I do whenever I land home in New York after going on vacation is to make it a priority to eat a slice of pizza, no matter how late or early I arrive.  I made the mistake of ordering pizza in a few other states (the only one that was okay-ish IMO is Chicago), and there’s just nothing that compares.  Andrew and I also have designated Sunday as pizza and video game day so I look forward to it every week!

PAST & UPCOMING TOPICS

Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 7.50.41 AM
November 7th: Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better
November 14th: Smart Phone Apps I Cannot Live Without
November 21st: Characters I Would Invite To My Thanksgiving Feast
November 28th: Black Friday Purchases I Would Sacrifice A Night Of Sleep For
Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ YouTube ♥ Goodreads ♥ Pinterest
Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 6.58.06 PM

16 Responses to “5 Fandom Friday: Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better”

I have a feeling these lists are going to cause me to be hungry all day long!

2. Megan says:

I LOVE NYC, it is so vibrant and has so many choices! I’m not a huge pizza person, but that pizza looked delish!! I am always down for a cupcake, here i it is Sprinkles or Vons :) I will have to try that tea tho, i’m super into green tea and that sounds perfect!! xx

3. Kai (Fiction State of Mind) says:

great choices!

4. Ari says:

Great list! I’m a huge pizza lover and would love to try some NYC pizza as it always looks so good in films and TV shows!

5. Gaby says:

Those cupcakes look so pretty!!!

6. Nina says:

OMG, your list just made me ridiculously hungry! I didn’t get to try a cupcake from Magnolia while I was in NYC earlier this year and I’m so bummed! I did have one of their cheesecakes tho :D

7. Liz tailor says:

Pizza, pizza!! I love a really good Brooklyn slice when it’s rainy and gross out. And since I grew up in Florida it clearly has nothing to do with nostalgia. It’s like my taste buds always knew I’d belong here one day!

I do envy you NYCers for your cupcake selection, and lol, your pizza homecoming meal is like my In-n-Out homecoming meal! :)

9. Angie says:

I haven’t experimented with bagels as much as I can. I want to see what my favorite flavors are! Oh and Zen tea is so incredible. Pizza! ♥

10. […] Movies October 31st: The Halloween Candy I Always Hope For When Trick-Or-Treating November 7th: Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better November 14th: Smart Phone Apps I Cannot Live Without November 21st: Authors I Would Invite To My […]

11. […] Movies October 31st: The Halloween Candy I Always Hope For When Trick-Or-Treating November 7th: Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better November 14th: Smart Phone Apps I Cannot Live Without November 21st: Authors I Would Invite To My […]

12. […] Movies October 31st: The Halloween Candy I Always Hope For When Trick-Or-Treating November 7th: Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better November 14th: Smart Phone Apps I Cannot Live Without November 21st: Characters I Would Invite To […]