5 Fandom Friday: Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better
This week’s 5 Fandom Friday topic is “Comfort Foods that Always Make Me Feel Better.” In a surprise to no one, my list includes some of my favorite desserts- cupcakes and ice cream, and my two biggest comfort meal foods- pizza and bagels (but, very importantly, only from New York). If this were a favorite foods list, sushi would be in there somewhere too.
1) New York Bagels – I remember being in elementary school and counting down the days each week until it would finally be Wednesday and I could finally enjoy a bagel. I don’t eat them as often as I used to (which is a shame since I’m now living and working in NYC, the bagel capital of the world)
2) Starbucks Zen Tazo Tea – My body basically runs on Zen Tazo tea. I have about 3-4 20oz cups of it each day at work and sometimes I’ll even spring for an additional cup at night. I like that the Zen tea isn’t a straight green tea. It blends lemongrass, and spearmint as well which makes for an irresistible flavor.
3) Ben & Jerry’s Cinnamon Buns or Candy Bar Pie – The Ben & Jerry’s Candy Bar Pie is a recent addition to my list but it is seriously the PERFECT ice cream. It’s the exact right combination of sweet and salty and I could eat container after container. I particularly love enjoying it while watching Netflix so it’s kind of a double comfort food. Cinnamon Buns has always been one of my favorite flavors Ben & Jerry’s consistently produces. It has cinnamon bun dough chunks, and a cinnamon swirl all mixed in with caramel flavored ice cream. Delish!
4) Cupcakes – Also living in NYC, I have a pretty wide selection of bakeries to buy cupcakes from when the craving strikes. If I’m in the mood for something small and sweet I would head to Baked by Melissa for chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. If I want a flavorful full sized treat, my first instinct is to head to SoHo for Georgetown Cupcakes. I especially love their Key Lime flavor. And lastly, if I want a classic vanilla cupcake, I’ll hit up Magnolia for buttercream goodness.
5) New York Pizza – The first thing I do whenever I land home in New York after going on vacation is to make it a priority to eat a slice of pizza, no matter how late or early I arrive. I made the mistake of ordering pizza in a few other states (the only one that was okay-ish IMO is Chicago), and there’s just nothing that compares. Andrew and I also have designated Sunday as pizza and video game day so I look forward to it every week!
October 3rd: Gateway Fandoms That Made Me Who I Am Today
October 10th: Geeky Clothing Items I Need In My Closet Immediately
October 17th: Characters I’d Love To Dress Up As For Halloween
October 24th: My Must See List of Halloween Movies
November 7th: Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better
November 14th: Smart Phone Apps I Cannot Live Without
November 21st: Characters I Would Invite To My Thanksgiving Feast
November 28th: Black Friday Purchases I Would Sacrifice A Night Of Sleep For