5 Fandom Friday: My Must See List Of Halloween Movies

In my last 5 Fandom Friday post, I professed my love of Halloween, which is second only to Christmas which is why I’m really excited to share another Halloween themed this week.  The topic we’re tackling is our must see list of Halloween movies, and trust me when I say narrowing it down to just 5 choices was super challenging.
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 7.48.24 AM
Hocus Pocus – I basically love anything involving witches so Hocus Pocus is towards the way top of my Halloween must see movie list!
abracadabra_2
The Nightmare Before Christmas – I could never not include The Nightmare Before Christmas on my list.  It doubles as a Halloween and Christmas movie so I especially love watching, singing, and getting the best of both of my favorite holidays all in one film.
 the-nightmare-before-christmas
It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – It’s been a family tradition of sorts to watch It’s a Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown together each year so I have to include it for nostalgia reasons.  Recently, HarperCollins sent me the “making of book” they recently published and I was able to review it for On Wednesdays We Wear Pink.
 its-the-great-pumpkin-charlie-brown
Casper – I’ve watched Casper more times than I can count.  When I was younger, I was admittedly in love with Casper in his human form as the then gorgeous Devon Sawa.  Also, when he whispers, “Can I keep you?” I still get the chills.
 MV5BMTk1NTYxMzU0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzU1NzQyMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_
Halloweentown – Halloweentown is a Disney channel movie that I would also watch yearly in the years of my youth.  It’s about a girl obsessed with magic, much to her mothers dismay, who later finds out that she is a witch when he grandmother comes to visit and begin her training before she loses her powers forever.
 p21485_d_v8_aa
BONUS: The Crow – The Crow is my bonus film because while it takes place on Halloween, I wouldn’t call it a Halloween movie.  It’s a beautiful love story about murder and my friends and I are all equally obsessed with it, except for Lauren, whose Crow obsession is next level.
large_6qXNSP30QeX4HUUpxSaq7GEH5OB
Thanks to all who participated this week!  Send me your links as you post yours so I can add them to the list.

Past & Upcoming Topics

October 31st: The Halloween Candy I Always Hope For When Trick-Or-Treating
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 7.50.41 AM
November 7th: Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better
November 14th: Smart Phone Apps I Cannot Live Without
November 21st: Characters I Would Invite To My Thanksgiving Feast
November 28th: Black Friday Purchases I Would Sacrifice A Night Of Sleep For
Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ YouTube ♥ Goodreads ♥ Pinterest

27 Responses to “5 Fandom Friday: My Must See List Of Halloween Movies”

1. Fiona says:

The Crow!! I love it, I think it’s an acceptable Halloween movie just by happening on Halloween, I can’t remember it brilliantly but it’s a bit eerie-like (with dark places, candles and a church?)

My post: http://www.northeastnerd.co.uk/2014/10/5-halloween-movies-for-scaredy-cats.html

I have a feeling we’re going to be seeing Nightmare Before Christmas on a lot of lists! It’s on mine!

3. Chrissie says:

OMG you have mentioned most of my fave Halloween films! Unfortunatley Charlie Brown and Snoopy never really made it to the UK properly. I am next level obsessed with the Crow, I actually have the callender and a photobook and both graphic novels and of course the figure.

4. ChikSolo says:

Oooh! I forgot about Casper! Great list!

5. I picked Casper for my list and mentioned the ‘Can I keep you?’ line too! Love it!

6. Gaby says:

Casper! And here I was thinking that nobody else remembered that movie!! ;)

-G.
    whimsyandnoir.blogspot.com

7. Kendall says:

I need to see The Crow. I’ve been really curious about it, and I’ve only heard good things about it.

8. Amanda says:

Eek!! This is such a perfect list!! I was OBSESSED with Casper when I was a kid and Halloweentown was staple watching this time of year as was Nightmare Before Christmas!! I’ve never seen The Crow, but I think I just might have to now! ^^ I just did my first 5 Fandom Friday post and decided to go the TV route instead of movie – it was so much fun, I can’t wait to do these each week! :D

9. Claire says:

Nightmare before Christmas made my list too, its perfect for this time of year.

10. Travis says:

Love it!! Especially Halloween Town!

11. Angie says:

Ah, I still haven’t watched Hocus Pocus! I must. I also LOVED Casper growing up, such a good movie!

The Crow sounds interesting. I have a love of good horror / murder / psycho type movies. I played along – went a littttle over!

12. Sierra says:

So I’m thinking my childhood was incomplete because I never watched Hocus Pocus or Halloweentown, and they’re on pretty much every list, lol. I might have to try to watch them now, but they might be those kinds of movies that won’t be as good if I didn’t grow up with them!

Here’s my 5FF: Five Halloween Movies You Won’t Want to Skip This Year!

13. Nina says:

I ALMOST put Casper on my list, but it’s been such a long time since I’ve seen it. I remember it was awesome though! And no list is complete without Hocus Pocus and The Nightmare Before Christmas. :D

14. I love your list. I have Casper and Nightmare on mine too :)

15. Dahlia says:

Linus and his Great Pumpkin are way popular in this house! Love your list…especially The Crow!

16. […] Closet Immediately October 17th: Characters I’d Love To Dress Up As For Halloween October 24th: My Must See List of Halloween Movies October 31st: The Halloween Candy I Always Hope For When Trick-Or-Treating November 7th: Comfort […]

17. […] Fandom Friday is a weekly series hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick! This week’s topic is my 5 must-see Halloween […]

18. […] Closet Immediately October 17th: Characters I’d Love To Dress Up As For Halloween October 24th: My Must See List of Halloween Movies October 31st: The Halloween Candy I Always Hope For When Trick-Or-Treating November 7th: Comfort […]

19. […] Closet Immediately October 17th: Characters I’d Love To Dress Up As For Halloween October 24th: My Must See List of Halloween Movies October 31st: The Halloween Candy I Always Hope For When Trick-Or-Treating November 7th: Comfort […]